Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nuclear Stress Test & Echo

Rate this question

HeathrowMan

Question

I am currently rated 10% Hypertensive Heart disease and 10 % HBP. I had a follow up Echo and Nuclear Stress Test (NST). Results of NST: Patiet exercised 5 minutes, 3 seconds on a Bruce protcol. BP went up to 180/100 and heart rate up to 157, which is98% of predicted. EKG at rest shows sinus rythm, left axis, isoelectric ST segments at rest. During the test, the patient developed 1MM ST segment depression in V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, up to a maximum of 2mm horizontal. During recovery phase, the ST segments returned to normal.

However the nuclear stress test showd no ischemia, no scar, no change from previous test. Ejection fraction 68%. NST sugests no significant uderlying heart disease and the EKG presumably is a false-positive. In the absence of major chest pain, I think conservative measures are advised at this point. No indicaton heart cath at his time.

Echo results: Well-preserved left and right ventricular function, No LVH. Nomal aortic valve. There is a 1+ mitral and 1+ tricuspid regurgitation without valvular stenosis on a scale of 0-4. Mild left atrium enlargent of 4.3 cm. Normal pulmonary artery pressure. No pericardial effusion. No clot. Satisfactory echo.

Based on these results am I properly rated at 10%. Any thoughts?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I can't read or understand most of the mumbo jumbo but looks like your heart is doing pretty good. Stay on your meds and keep excersing if allowed.

Goodluck with your claim, Stillhere

Edited by stillhere

Hey I would like to point out I am no Cardiologist I just happen to have hypertensive heart disease so that is my spot. I have a couple of questions and some hope for you. Did you have a positive echo for enlarged heart or was it from the EKG? reason being an enlarged heart will show up on ultrasound (that is where mine first became noticed) I then got to having chest pains. Shortness of breath and no energy lead to an elevated rating. I would suggest you sit down with your Doc and get his reason for what can help you at the point you are at. This condition is awful it robs you of so many things but it can be helped it just takes a long time for the heart to get into the shape it gets and a long time to return to normal. I also wanted to know who done this VA or Civ? I would shop around if you are able with the Civ Docs hit me with personl message I will pass on some stuff do not want to bore others. I wish you well and in my opinion if you can get control of you High Blood pressure it saves a lot of damage I have damage to 3 other organs now due to high blood pressure service connected. Have a good day and if I can help shoot me a message off line glad to help I am not a doc but I knwo how frustrating it can be. Adios..........