Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Echo Cardio Grams

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

does anyone happen to know what the VA considers 35% Ejection Fraction to be? I am just happy it has improved when I last had a echo it was 32% and when they last did a cath it showed a 25% Ejection fraction

I went by the records office to get a copy of the cardiac C&P they did 2 weeks ago, I was told it still wasn't completed and even transcribed yet and they had me sign a release form and they will mail it to me when they get it done. This is the last game they played 2 years ago when they did my last C&P for PTSD about a week later the VARO authorized the release and I got it in the mail is anyone else having these problems or am I really on the top of their chit list?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They should go with the cath at 25% that is considered the gold standard, echo is just an estimate. There should the cardiac training letter on here. Think I have it if you need it.

Boats

Had the same problem getting my c file put request in last Aug, received it last week all 1000 pages...lol. Found a lot of stuff they low balled me on.

• HadIt.com Elder

no matter how they slice it and dice it I meet the 100% level with the 25% on the heart cath and the power chair due to inability to walk 100 feet without passing out something about organ failure was reason for power chair one doctor wanted to issue me a regular chair and my heart doc said how long do you think he will be able to push the wheels before he passes out NO he is qualified for a power chair and I had to go to a 3 doctor board my doc won. I have had a triple bypass in 1997 then 2 stents placed one in Aug 97 and the other in Nov 97 in Oct 2002 they told me all the bypasses and the stents were closed off again and there is no way to repair them, I am on a medicate only regimen. Personally I think the RO is just hoping I drop dead before this file gets to the BVA, I have told the lawyer and my wife to keep after them even if I drop before they rate the heart disease. I have 2 good IMO's.

Boats I appreciate your responses and work looking that up SALUTE Mike

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Mike, Hang it there and see this through, I am like you had many echo and stress test and still stuck at 60% why who knows but I am putting in for a claim for sleep apnea connected to the heart situation. Don't know how much longer I can put up with this crap but hope to see it thorugh. Good Luck to you!

I do wish I could just curl up and forget the whole s--t!

Here is one from 2000

Not to steal this thread, but the document you posted has helped me greatly; not the least of which is peace of mind.

Thank you,

Ron