Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

38 Year Claim

Rate this question

a173

Question

does anybody else out there have a 38 year active claim going for multiple shell fragment wounds? I've been to bva dozens of times, cova several times, fed ct appeals once on same claim.... started out 20% s/c for 2 of 58 wound sites to all areas of body in 69 and have fought every year since... one dime at a time I've busted 290% for 15 of 58 wound sites...... and still plan to straighten this snafu out yet.... yeah, that combined rating tech is akin to jungle rot.. but some times its one step at a time....i'm before cova again on effective date issues, and other wound site issues.. and yeah. probably be remanded due to va error again for umteenth time....... too much blood been spilt brothers...... not just mine..... nope ......won't stop till' it's straight. I have learnt a few things about the mess... and anybody comin' home from this present kill zone with multiple scrapnel wounds, and multiple disabilities can use some real point element work done for them. advise, knowledge, etc. I have hit a lot of va snares, traps, pitfalls, smokescreens in this battle. so waz up?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. If you give a total of your rating and what condition you are in maybe some can help. Since you were in Nam do you have any Agent Orange Symptoms. Diabetes would be one also High Blood Pressure and most cancer is connectible.

If you don't mind answering questions about you Hadit can help you.

Good Luck

Can you give us the citation number and the docket number of the last BVA decision that you appealed to the CAVC?

BVA decisions are public record and we could help more if we knew what the decision said that you are appealing.

I see you are 100%- is this a claim for SMC? Special monthly Compensation

100% SC for one disability and 60% or more for additional but independent disability equals SMC.

Can you give us the citation number and the docket number of the last BVA decision that you appealed to the CAVC?

BVA decisions are public record and we could help more if we knew what the decision said that you are appealing.

I see you are 100%- is this a claim for SMC? Special monthly Compensation

100% SC for one disability and 60% or more for additional but independent disability equals SMC.

hello, i'm new at this cyberspace como. but here goes... the va has forced me to get basically one wound site at a time rated over a 38 year period with seperate eff dates spread over that time period. these s/c's are from single incident - booby trap explosion, gunshot during dust off. i've appealed on my own every year till' 87 when private attorney started helping, and rep'd since. can't say enough bout' him - 21 years he's hung tough..... and it has helped.... claims before cova are; (1)earlier effective date for all s/c current to be 1969 which total 290% for 15 sites - some are 10% each under 3 diagnostic codes for 1 site, other may be 20% for another individual site. the injuries are diagnosed under several codes; muscle loss, painful scar, etc. (2) failure to diagnose and rate 43 other wound sites (3) chronic pain syndrome (4) smc due to 3 seperate s/c disabilities - 1- multiple shrapnel wounds @ 100%. 2- ptsd @ 70%. (5)- chronic pain syndrome ? (6) diference of opinion - va is arquing with its self........ and all are probably going to be remanded back to ro again. i've steadily won claims since early 80's. it's just that 1 to 5 year process of appeal, and remands........ smokescreen... won earlier eff date back to 83 in 96 for unemployability........... won 100% in 98. my current docket # is 06-1854 i think... and i hope the whole world reads the case!! va's a bunch of thievin' rascals............. who ever you are ......... have a much earned happy, enjoyable memorial day week end out there. peace to you and yours. a173

• HadIt.com Elder

ATTENTION!

All you new guys that turned in your claim last month.

Please read Mr. a173's post, one more time, for effect.

thanks, a 173, for sharing this......it kinda puts things in perspective.

And, to all our "buds" that did not make it "back", whether in mind, body or soul.

This Memorial Day may we all pause and think of you.