VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Methadone Prescription

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I just received a script for methadone yesterday and it will be mailed to me, but I have to call my PC doc every month to get it refilled. Mine is for pain management, though. I don't know if there is a difference or not.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Am I eligible for travel benefits?

Subject: If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may be eligible for VA travel benefits associated with obtaining VA Health care services. Travel paid to you will be to the nearest VA medical facility that is properly equipped and staffed to provide needed care and treatment. VA has the authority to pay for transportation of eligible veterans traveling to VA authorized non-VA health care. In most cases, travel benefits are subject to a deductible. Exceptions to the deductible requirement are: travel for a compensation and pension examination; non veteran donors; veterans requiring special mode transportation; and when it is determined that the deductible would cause severe financial hardship. You qualify for travel benefits if: you have a service-connected rating of 30% or more; you are traveling for treatment of a service-connected condition; you receive a VA pension; your income does not exceed the maximum annual VA pension rate; you can present clear evidence that you are unable to defray the cost of travel; you are traveling for a scheduled compensation or pension examination; you are in an authorized Vocational Rehabilitation Program; certain veterans in certain emergency situations; certain non-veterans when related to care of a veteran (attendants, donors); Allied Beneficiaries Mileage Rate (Effective 2/1/08): General Patient Travel.$.28.5 per mile Scheduled appointments qualify for round-trip mileage?unscheduled visits are limited to return mileage only. VA Directed Travel . $.28.5 per mile Authorized travel associated with VA?s request for a re-examination of a veteran following an initial Compensation and Pension examination. Deductible: $7.77 for each one-way trip ($15.54 for each round trip) There is a monthly deductible cap of $46.62 for travel to all VA facilities. Upon reaching $46.62 in deductibles, travel payments made for the b

Page Info: https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex....php?p_faqid=22 54k

Eric

Did you become addicted to heroin in Vietnam? I was surrounded by addicts in my unit. I snorted my fair share and had a nice jones by the time I left.

Yes.. I was there in 1970 and it was everywhere and CHEAP! I was a perimeter guard at An Khe Ammo Supply Point. On duty 6pm-6am seven days a week. Very boring.

Prior drug use is why I am concerned about whether they will transfer the script to louisville. I am sure they have me "branded" as a substance abuser because I did continue to "self medicate" after getting home and have been in a couple of VA treatment programs in addition to the one I'm in now.

I quit using all illegal drugs when I got back on methadone this time.... over 13 yrs now. I don't get any euphoria from methadone. It does two things... helps with depression and keeps pain in back, leg, and headaches to a minimum.

I have a feeling I am going to get a lot of hassle and resistance to getting a regular monthly prescription here and the Cincy VA turning me loose...

It sounds like it is all in the hands of my Primary Care Doctor who isn't the type of person to go out of her way or do something outside the normal procedure... Is that what it comes down too??

This Forum is awsome... I will definitely be using it for advice about a pending claim I have for "change of condition".

Thanks everyone for your feedback and responses...

Erich

PS: Can someone explain what a "C" file is... I have medical records a several different VA hospitals

• HadIt.com Elder

Your C-file is your VA Claims file that is kept at your local VA Regional Office (VARO). It is supposed to have any and all documents related to any claim that you have ever submitted; Service Medical Records (SMR's), VA Medical Records (VAMR's), Civillian Medical Records (CMR's), any and all VA Forms that you have submitted, and any and all ratings decisions/denials/Statements of the Case (SOC's)/Supplemental Statements of the Case (SSOC's), etc. It is wise to at least make an appointment to check the contents of your C-file periodically. It is even better to obtain an up to date copy of your C-file. Welcome to Hadit!

Your C-file is your VA Claims file that is kept at your local VA Regional Office (VARO). It is supposed to have any and all documents related to any claim that you have ever submitted; Service Medical Records (SMR's), VA Medical Records (VAMR's), Civillian Medical Records (CMR's), any and all VA Forms that you have submitted, and any and all ratings decisions/denials/Statements of the Case (SOC's)/Supplemental Statements of the Case (SSOC's), etc. It is wise to at least make an appointment to check the contents of your C-file periodically. It is even better to obtain an up to date copy of your C-file. Welcome to Hadit!

Thnaks for the C-file info. I like your analogy regarding Hellen Kellor and Marco polo...

Erich