Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming Appointment

Rate this question

ZenArcher

Question

I have received a letter stating that the VA has scheduled an appointment for me following a request for review. I testified to the House subcommittee of Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs on June 12th for H.R. 5454 and I wasn't that favorable of the VA. I believe this has played a part as well. My testimony can be read here. I have not received the appointment information from the Medical Center yet but the letter I did receive has the statement, "Failure to attend your examination ... will result in a rating of your claim..." I am assuming that this is a rating exam for ALS.

My question is should I bring copies of the evidence I've already submitted? PVA is recommending that I bring the evidence I've submitted, highlight the important parts and basically convince the rater of my case. Any thoughts and suggestion are greatly appreciated.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You got a form letter. Never miss a C&P Exam cause it will almost always go against you and the VA can than turn you down just for that.

Yes bring your evidence but rest assured that if they say no you can still submit it directly to the VARO.

Good Luck on your exam and your claim.

Dear Zenarcher...after reading your testimony to the House subcommittee of Disability Assistance...I just sat here for a moment and bowed my head and prayed for you and all the unsung hero's who are out there making a differnce to help fellow veterans when they themselves are ravaged by there own illness...I thank you for being a true American and that you are a credit not only to your family but to all those you will never meet by taking the time to speak up. I know there are no words that I can say that can take away the pain you and your family are enduring...and I am sure that God has a special place for you when your mission here is done...a man is not remembered by what he has but what he has done to make a diffence in the lives around him.

God Bless you and may he keep you and all those you love safe in His loving Embrace

Mt

I have received a letter stating that the VA has scheduled an appointment for me following a request for review. I testified to the House subcommittee of Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs on June 12th for H.R. 5454 and I wasn't that favorable of the VA. I believe this has played a part as well. My testimony can be read here. I have not received the appointment information from the Medical Center yet but the letter I did receive has the statement, "Failure to attend your examination ... will result in a rating of your claim..." I am assuming that this is a rating exam for ALS.

My question is should I bring copies of the evidence I've already submitted? PVA is recommending that I bring the evidence I've submitted, highlight the important parts and basically convince the rater of my case. Any thoughts and suggestion are greatly appreciated.

I saved my self a lot of time by having a copy of a IMO that I had already gave the VA. In a C&P they ask for that evidence (they already had) and I pulled out a copy from me little old pouch! B) That probably saved about 4 months wait time.

Thank you for the information. I just want to make sure I have everything prepared as best I can to make this as painless as possible for both myself and the examiner.