Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Date Stamp Of Documents At Varo

Rate this question

Ron II

Question

Upon receipt of documents from a veteran, does the VARO normally date stamp all the documents that

they receive, or just the top document of the packet?

I have received documents returned by the VARO that do not have a date stamp. They were not the uppermost documents in the packets submitted.

Ron

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I request that everything I submit and my copies of it are date stamped, that way if they say they don't have it, I can prove that they did with my date stamped copy. When I have to submit that copy to replace the one they lost, I ask them to make a copy of it. That way it not only has the old date stamp, it will have the new one also. that way I have a record of what they have lost or tried to loose if my claim goes to BVA or Court.

Don't settle for them just date stamping the top page. Ask for a supperviser if the clerk won't do it, once he gave me the stamp to do it myself, but I don't think that is supposed to be allowed.

Their date stamp is positive evidence that you submited the evidence or required notice. Sending by certified/return receipt mail and/or Fax is your second best. If you send by certified/return receipt, I would alway back it up with a Fax. The Fax gives you the number of pages, where as the mail only says you sent them something, not what. Oh yea, make sure the Fax has a header.

Rockhound Rider :unsure:

I request that everything I submit and my copies of it are date stamped, that way if they say they don't have it, I can prove that they did with my date stamped copy. When I have to submit that copy to replace the one they lost, I ask them to make a copy of it. That way it not only has the old date stamp, it will have the new one also. that way I have a record of what they have lost or tried to loose if my claim goes to BVA or Court.

Don't settle for them just date stamping the top page. Ask for a supperviser if the clerk won't do it, once he gave me the stamp to do it myself, but I don't think that is supposed to be allowed.

Their date stamp is positive evidence that you submited the evidence or required notice. Sending by certified/return receipt mail and/or Fax is your second best. If you send by certified/return receipt, I would alway back it up with a Fax. The Fax gives you the number of pages, where as the mail only says you sent them something, not what. Oh yea, make sure the Fax has a header.

Rockhound Rider :unsure:

Thank you for the tips...

Ron