VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim Accepted

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got SC'ed for my upper extremity PN but I don't know the percentage of disability yet. The VA said today that I would get a letter in a few days. I will let you know what it says to help others trying to get SC'ed for PN secondary to DMII. I was already SC'ed for lower extremity PN. I believe the VA low balls PN cases unless you are really a cripple or your extremities are completely numb.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I got SC'ed for my upper extremity PN but I don't know the percentage of disability yet. The VA said today that I would get a letter in a few days. I will let you know what it says to help others trying to get SC'ed for PN secondary to DMII. I was already SC'ed for lower extremity PN. I believe the VA low balls PN cases unless you are really a cripple or your extremities are completely numb.

Greetings

Good-On-You...I hope you get a very good rating. I'm still waiting on a decision for my lower back problem, leg, arm and feet tingling/numbness.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• HadIt.com Elder

Chiefhouse

If you don't get the rating you deserve don't let it go until you do. It took me two years to get fully rated for the DMII. They almost always low ball you on PN because some of the problems are not always directly evident.

Guest terrysturgis

John, congratulations! My upper body neuropathy claim was sent to the rater November 30th. My lower body is 20% per each side with a bilaterial factor. I am assuming my upper body should be rated as much as my lower, but you never know till you see it in hard copy. Once again CONGRATS, Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

They just ignored the bilateral factor in my lower body PN. I don't think it matters all that much since I am already IU P&T but I will see about it. You are right about not believing it until you see it in writing.

This is GREAT John!-

I feel it is a significant victory-

when a vet has bonafide medical evidence and the VA doesn't want to SC a condition- at that point it becomes a

matter of Persistence- which does pay off!

As you have proven to us! Berta