VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Inquiry

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

After a long computer battle via iris inquires over these idiotic generic and most of the time wrong answers by the call centers I finally got the following:

Dear Mr. H,

Your claim file is currently with a Decision Review Officer for processing. The appeal claim will be completed within the next four days.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

A. L. HILL

Veterans Service Center Manager

This comes after I asked them to provide an informative response to my inquiry to which they replied "we are working on your claims. You must understand that claims are worked on in a date order blah, blah blah." I then responded with "I fully understand the date order processing and appreciate it as I think it is the only fair way to rate a claim except in the case of a very ill/disabled veteran. However, since my appeal has been pending for over 650 days since the DRO hearing I think it would be very hard for this RO to find another appeal that has all exams complete and had a DRO hearing conducted AND is older than this. Now if you want to discuss total days of appeal pending we will have to move into the very high 4 digit numbers." The above is what I then received!

Yep I betcha, based upon previous experience with this RO, that a decision will be issued in the next four days! I am so sure that as I type this post I am working on my presentation to the BVA hearing officer for it can only be a denial. I only hope that since my form 9 has been pending since 05 at the RO (I have an early 05 docket number)that my BVA teleconference hearing will happen soon. Anyway, I am now taking bets if you care to wager on: The trueness of the promised closure date; The level of rating (claim was for loss of use left hand and left foot due to stroke, increase in hypertension, rating for other residuals of stroke. Come on guys gotta buck or two lay it on the line!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Edited by Ricky

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

After a long computer battle via iris inquires over these idiotic generic and most of the time wrong answers by the call centers I finally got the following:

Dear Mr. H,

Your claim file is currently with a Decision Review Officer for processing. The appeal claim will be completed within the next four days.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

A. L. HILL

Veterans Service Center Manager

This comes after I asked them to provide an informative response to my inquiry to which they replied "we are working on your claims. You must understand that claims are worked on in a date order blah, blah blah." I then responded with "I fully understand the date order processing and appreciate it as I think it is the only fair way to rate a claim except in the case of a very ill/disabled veteran. However, since my appeal has been pending for over 650 days since the DRO hearing I think it would be very hard for this RO to find another appeal that has all exams complete and had a DRO hearing conducted AND is older than this. Now if you want to discuss total days of appeal pending we will have to move into the very high 4 digit numbers." The above is what I then received!

Yep I betcha, based upon previous experience with this RO, that a decision will be issued in the next four days! I am so sure that as I type this post I am working on my presentation to the BVA hearing officer for it can only be a denial. I only hope that since my form 9 has been pending since 05 at the RO (I have an early 05 docket number)that my BVA teleconference hearing will happen soon. Anyway, I am now taking bets if you care to wager on: The trueness of the promised closure date; The level of rating (claim was for loss of use left hand and left foot due to stroke, increase in hypertension, rating for other residuals of stroke. Come on guys gotta buck or two lay it on the line!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

I would bet on professional wrestling (WWF ect) before betting on what the VA will do!

Best regards,

Tyler

$20 says you'll win, my friend.

Ron

Your on ! ole buddy of mine. I kinda hate to take your money - but hey your money will go a long way feeding the bunch of clowns I have around here. hahahahahaha

• HadIt.com Elder

My claim set before a DRO for four years, while he rubber stamped the same lame SOC's out.

He stalled my claim for nearly 2 years over getting SSA records that had long ago been destroyed and health care records from a chiropractor I saw once 30 years ago.

All this while completely ignoring a VAMC C&P dept exam, with favorable opinion.

I hope yours will not be denied. But I would put "NO" faith in this outfit doing the right thing by prossesing your claim fairly. It's all about their money and keeping you from any benefit if possible.

Theres a Haliburton a friend of a friend knows, that needs it much more than you.

Ricky -if that was a sameo sameo so called De Novo-

your rep should have challenged this

De Novo DRO reviews are supposed to be a new look at the claim and evidence and a decision that might support the denial anyhow- but still -copy and paste or verbatim

de novo's have got to be challenged.

A DeNovo that was verbatim to a decision I got in 2004 is one reason that has caused my claim to be at the RO for 5 1/2 years.

I challenged it but the rep did not handle the resulting DRO conference right and couldnt wait to get the claim off to the BVA (it came back right away)

How anything that is a replica of a prior decision could possibly be de novo in any way is ridiculous but the VA wants us to believe it is-sometimes.

Ricky -if that was a sameo sameo so called De Novo-

your rep should have challenged this

De Novo DRO reviews are supposed to be a new look at the claim and evidence and a decision that might support the denial anyhow- but still -copy and paste or verbatim

de novo's have got to be challenged.

A DeNovo that was verbatim to a decision I got in 2004 is one reason that has caused my claim to be at the RO for 5 1/2 years.

I challenged it but the rep did not handle the resulting DRO conference right and couldnt wait to get the claim off to the BVA (it came back right away)

How anything that is a replica of a prior decision could possibly be de novo in any way is ridiculous but the VA wants us to believe it is-sometimes.

Berta you are 100 percent correct. This is actually my challange, face to face with a new DRO on the ole sameo sameo rubber stamped SOC.