VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This Can't Be Bad

Rate this question

timetowinarace

Question

Called the 1000 # a week or so ago and was told my file was with the adjudicator and that it would be about three months till I heard from them. Called today and was told my file is with the reveiw supervisor and to expect notification in about a week.

WHAT?

I haven't had a recent C&P exam. But then, they should have enough for a partial decision. That would help while I straiten the rest out.

And I did tell Senator Craig's office that I was about to lose my house and I planned on living here till I died. That my records were in order and available to the public. Maybe that helped.

Well, I don't have anything yet. Cross fingers. And a BIG Thanks to all on Hadit. Even if this is just a teaser, you've got me going in the right direction.

Time

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

like they say- the squeaky wheel gets the grease- or words to that affect-maybe it is the squeaky grease gets the wheel?

In some isolated cases Senators or Congressman can help-

it isn't that they dont want to- it is just these things can hold up a claim for months-

But any vet close to a foreclosure -they certainly should take some action-

Looks like this did some good Time- let's all hope for this to go OK!!!!!

like they say- the squeaky wheel gets the grease- or words to that affect-maybe it is the squeaky grease gets the wheel?

In some isolated cases Senators or Congressman can help-

it isn't that they dont want to- it is just these things can hold up a claim for months-

But any vet close to a foreclosure -they certainly should take some action-

Looks like this did some good Time- let's all hope for this to go OK!!!!!

I think it's a matter of personal interest. Not necissarily with the Senator/Congressperson but person handling your case. I've used them before to no avail. Most often they will shoot out the complimentary letter and then the complimentry 'this is what we found out' responce comes back. That does slow down your file. But in cases like Testvet, if they actually make PHONE CALLS, you may get somewhere.

Called today and was told the same story. Expect a decision notice next week. I assume that since I reopened a claim with new evidence and have had no C&P this has to be a good indication.

Of course, it could be that they pulled my file to respond to the senator. In that case, the notice I get next week might say 'We have made a decision on you claim. We decided that you need to wait while we proccess your claim.' LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

Time

Just remember to believe it when you get it in writing. Until you have the decision in hand it is all just smoke. I have been badly disappointed by people at the VA telling me I had won large back pay award whey they were just talking out their butts.

Understood. As long as I have nothing in hand, I have nothing. If a decision is coming it may not be favorable and even if favorable, could be a poor rating. I'm expecting all of those things. I'm also sure I will have to CUE back to origanal file date. I'm not done yet.