VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spn/sdn Number Specifiers

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Thanks carlie for the SPN/SDN information, I never knew what those numbers were for, However I did find out what my Re-enlistment code ment some time ago. My SDN number was

273 ---Physical disability with entitlement to receive severance pay.

Would this be of any help in a claim for SC? Should this be noted in some way in your letter of support, NOD, or as part of your reasons to show that you had a physical disability and the reason for your discharge from the service?

The more things I note, like this, and things in the summery report from the medical board, and the way the C&P Examiner worded his examination report findings, I keep shaking my head, how could the VA claims Rater just ignore the evidence that supported my in-service diagnosis and basicly say it was all a product of error and that the C&P exam was more probative to deny SC, even though it is apparent to me and some others, the C&P examiner made no assumptions in his report.

Anyway, just thought I would ask you and anyone else who has info or opinion on this matter.

Rockhound Rider a.k.a. Jim ;)

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That should bear significant weight especially if the claim has been filed and has been denied.

CAn you pass some more details this way, I smell a possible cue.

J

That should bear significant weight especially if the claim has been filed and has been denied.

CAn you pass some more details this way, I smell a possible cue.

J

I am presently working on just that, A CUE claim. I didn't want to get into any details of my claim, since it seems to bring up many different opinions as to whether it is CUE or Not CUE or even meets the requirements of CUE.

Suffice it to say, that because of these little finds here and their, it is becoming more and more apparent that the VA rater failed in his duties by not following and applying the proper Statutory and Regulatory provisions when he denied my claim. He saw a PD diagnosis and without any evidence to support his assumption and determination, denied my claim out of hand, ignoring such things as this small piece of the puzzle and other supporting evidence that even the VA C&P examiner didn't provide, and for which by CFR at the time was necessary to support his PD opinion.

Don't get me started again, I get a bit incensed when I think of how the VA screwed up my original claim and has made it nearly impossible to change without spending thousands of dollars I do not have or can acquire to fight them, other than to prove CUE in the original decision.

Jim ;)

Edited by Rockhound