VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P For Osteoarthritis With Underlying Disbaric Osteoneucrosis

Rate this question

Old 5311

Question

I have a pending appeal for the above degenerative bone disease. I admit I'm a train-wreck! This disease is directly related to years of extensive, deep, saturation diving. Now while waiting for the appeal hearing I get another C & P where perhaps it will be completly and satisfactually resolved or denied again. Dead bone in the joints is no small issue. This is such a rare disease that probably no one out there has knowledge of it. Only a very few <10 "subjects" were diving to 650 fsw extensively around the world, now I'm seeing the consequences of all that fun. With or without medication I am in pain even while lying in bed. I'm fine after rest for a few hours then the joint pains return in the neck, shoulders, back, hips and knees. I'm lucky to be employed and my employer has made a special accomodation for me for desk work only. I am trying to cope and continue working because I have a family to support. I do use a walking cane often but not all the time. Weather, activity, rest and medication ( and BENGAY) all effect my ability to walk. This may be a tough nut to win but I have large amounts of supporting doctor's notes both VA and private. Any advice for me? Persistance for sure. My SO is real diligent in helping me. Now it is up to me not Bomb the upcomming C & P. Not dancing, just getting by.

Thanks in advance.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet