Jump to content
Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×
  • 0

Inhouse Ptsd Programs



I am currently rated at 50%. for ptsd.My question is this...if I do go thru the in house program in Topeka ,would it be beneficial or detrimental to me getting a % raise...or have no effect on it.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

John-these in house Programs are great-

My husband really got a lot out of it- the only problem he had-

he was in Nam a year- 21 days didn't debrief a whole year in Hell- but it helped-

Make sure -if no one files the 100% Temp Comp for the month of this program (it is usually only 21 days but they consider it a month) at the hosp for you- that you send VA a letter when you get out- with copy of your discharge certificate from the Hosp. and ask them for Temporary Total Disability for your In house Stay for your treatment of PTSD at the ____VAMC.

Save ALL the paperwork you come home with- you might need it-

Also- if you are not working I suggest you file out the attached TDIU form-

Tell them if you get SSA disability benefits (Question 18) and if you get it for PTSD make sure they know that- you can attach a separate page and mention this page attached under # 25 Remarks-(put your c file # on any separate pages with your name/ address-)

List any of your VA meds and their side affects that would prevent you from working-

like causes, drowsiness, do not take and drive, can cause confusion- stuff like that-

and- if they changed your anti jungle pills during the hospital stay-

MAKE SURE that what they take you off doesn't have to be monitored or have sudden withdrawal affects.

The side affects of your meds should be in the brown bag or the mailer-

better yet print offs from good med sites on the web can help too----

If you are employed- nevertheless, file a claim for increase in your SC rating and make sure they get those in house records-I think it is best to send in Admission and Discharge Certificates yourself to the VARO.

(and copy of your med drug profile if you have it)

Edited by Berta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks for the replies everyone.means a lot to have a place like thhis to go to for information

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Admin/Founder

i believe it will only help you with your claim also. more importantly it should give you some skills to help manage your ptsd it's a killer but with help you can learn to manage your symptoms. like berta said don't forget to file for that temp 100% and the tdiu. wish you well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.


  • question-001.jpeg

    Have Questions? Get Answers.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
      Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
    Leading too:

    exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.
    • Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • VA Watchdog

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines