VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inhouse Ptsd Programs

Rate this question

onlyinmymind

Question

I am currently rated at 50%. for ptsd.My question is this...if I do go thru the in house program in Topeka ,would it be beneficial or detrimental to me getting a % raise...or have no effect on it.

John

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

John-these in house Programs are great-

My husband really got a lot out of it- the only problem he had-

he was in Nam a year- 21 days didn't debrief a whole year in Hell- but it helped-

Make sure -if no one files the 100% Temp Comp for the month of this program (it is usually only 21 days but they consider it a month) at the hosp for you- that you send VA a letter when you get out- with copy of your discharge certificate from the Hosp. and ask them for Temporary Total Disability for your In house Stay for your treatment of PTSD at the ____VAMC.

Save ALL the paperwork you come home with- you might need it-

Also- if you are not working I suggest you file out the attached TDIU form-

Tell them if you get SSA disability benefits (Question 18) and if you get it for PTSD make sure they know that- you can attach a separate page and mention this page attached under # 25 Remarks-(put your c file # on any separate pages with your name/ address-)

List any of your VA meds and their side affects that would prevent you from working-

like causes, drowsiness, do not take and drive, can cause confusion- stuff like that-

and- if they changed your anti jungle pills during the hospital stay-

MAKE SURE that what they take you off doesn't have to be monitored or have sudden withdrawal affects.

The side affects of your meds should be in the brown bag or the mailer-

better yet print offs from good med sites on the web can help too----

If you are employed- nevertheless, file a claim for increase in your SC rating and make sure they get those in house records-I think it is best to send in Admission and Discharge Certificates yourself to the VARO.

(and copy of your med drug profile if you have it)

Edited by Berta

• Founder

i believe it will only help you with your claim also. more importantly it should give you some skills to help manage your ptsd it's a killer but with help you can learn to manage your symptoms. like berta said don't forget to file for that temp 100% and the tdiu. wish you well