VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Filing A Cliam Under Section 1151 (berta)

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

Due to the issues of side effects I now must endure some are severe from medications perscribeed by by my VA doctors. This issue was brought to the VA Medical Attention from an outside doctor that examined me. He could not believe that the VA perscribed me 19 medications. I feel I have no other choice but to file a claim under section 1151 due to the VA's continueing ignoring my side effects issues. My clinic called me today; my main providers nurse and said they received the information concerning my severe side effects because the VA did not regulate my medication (they did not check the drug to drug or Drug to diease effects) she informed me that my doctor had been made aware of the med euvulation and appeard to not givce it a second thought. It is then after 10 years with the VA medical center that they could care less about me and my issues.

Thank you all. Merry Christmas

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I suggest that you put into the 1151 claim any additional disability that these side affects cause- do they cause gastrointestinal problems, vision problems, irritability, confusion-loss if balance- whatever it is-that is above and over the condition you wre in before you were prescribed them-

(check their side affects on a good Drug web site and you can send this in as support if you need to)

Attach a copy of the IMO to this claim-

and - maybe others will disagree -but I say- send a copy of the claim to the

Chief Medical Director at your VAMC-too-

Maybe that will get the doctor's attention-the one you mentioned here:

"she informed me that my doctor had been made aware of the med euvulation and appeard to not givce it a second thought."

PS -get copies of ALL your VA med recs before filing this claim-

It is difficult for anyone here to know how VA would assess what additional problems you have that are due to the meds-

The most important thing here is to get your drug profile straightened out before more damage is done.

Sec 1151 can take months or years.

My husband's 1151 (in which he predicted the VA would kill him)

was awarded over 3 years after he died. He was right in his 1151.

We thought the 1151 (along with other avenues of approach we used) would get him better care. It didn't.

I suggest that you put into the 1151 claim any additional disability that these side affects cause- do they cause gastrointestinal problems, vision problems, irritability, confusion-loss if balance- whatever it is-that is above and over the condition you wre in before you were prescribed them-

(check their side affects on a good Drug web site and you can send this in as support if you need to)

Attach a copy of the IMO to this claim-

and - maybe others will disagree -but I say- send a copy of the claim to the

Chief Medical Director at your VAMC-too-

Maybe that will get the doctor's attention-the one you mentioned here:

"she informed me that my doctor had been made aware of the med euvulation and appeard to not givce it a second thought."

PS -get copies of ALL your VA med recs before filing this claim-

It is difficult for anyone here to know how VA would assess what additional problems you have that are due to the meds-

The most important thing here is to get your drug profile straightened out before more damage is done.

Sec 1151 can take months or years.

My husband's 1151 (in which he predicted the VA would kill him)

was awarded over 3 years after he died. He was right in his 1151.

We thought the 1151 (along with other avenues of approach we used) would get him better care. It didn't.

Thank you Berta,

Hello Bound4,

The suggestion below by Berta is great. I totally agree with all she has written and wish I had her advise before I submitted my 1151. BTW it Still not been answered by the VA regarding the claim ...

As Berta said ¨"I suggest that you put into the 1151 claim any additional disability that these side affects cause- do they cause gastrointestinal problems, vision problems, irritability, confusion-loss if balance- whatever it is-that is above and over the condition you wre in before you were prescribed them.

(check their side affects on a good Drug web site and you can send this in as support if you need to"

Also I might add that you could also go through your medical records checking if those side effects might have been documented.

Josh

Edited by Josh