VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase In Disability

Rate this question

jan

Question

How does the VA justify giving a C&P for an increase if you never had a rating before.

Had a C&P today for feet and ankles and was told and shown paper stating it was for

an increase for disability. I'm sure not going to argue with them since I did file in 2006

with an IMO. Maybe they thought I had it before when they did my PTSD which I got

50% back in April with retro to 2003. My rater was very nice and he stated on the paper

that I am unemployable. Hope something good comes of this.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jan,

Good for you. Having a C&P tomorrow. Did the examiner explain the reasons why you are unemployable?

I need some pointers.

Thanks,

Bee

He stated since I cannot stand for any period of time (over 10 Minutes) it is not worthwhile

to even apply for jobs. I have RA and it is very hard on anyone that has it. I had developed

Arthritis in other parts of the body prior 2 yrs prior to the diagnosis for RA. Just be yourself and

hope you get one with a good sense of humor. My rater was from New York but he had married

a lady from New Orleans. Also in your boat, he is a retired Navy doctor.

Jan

Jan -it sounds to me like the VA is doing the Right thing!

In your case it looks like they have inferred TDIU-

if your SC condition -( regardless of any % they had rated you on before) has rendered you unemployable-you are eligible for TDIU (the 100% comp rate).

Maybe the rater even cued the past decision-hard to say-

did you ever file a 21-8940 TDIU form?

There are actually men and women who works for VAROs who will do all they can to properly award veterans.

I gripe about the ROs all the time but I sure know they do have smart people who make the right decisions-

it is just that we dont have access to RO decisions and many vets get the right comp and never join Vet web sites where vets are having claims problems.

I think if a rater says you are unemployable and it is due to your SC then that is TDIU!

• HadIt.com Elder
He stated since I cannot stand for any period of time (over 10 Minutes) it is not worthwhile

to even apply for jobs. I have RA and it is very hard on anyone that has it. I had developed

Arthritis in other parts of the body prior 2 yrs prior to the diagnosis for RA. Just be yourself and

hope you get one with a good sense of humor. My rater was from New York but he had married

a lady from New Orleans. Also in your boat, he is a retired Navy doctor.

Jan

Thanks ever so much, I am getting ready to go for my TDIU C&P.

Betty

Jan, was your C & P done at the VAMC in New Orleans, in Alexandria, or in Shreveport?

Alexandria. His name was Heldt.