VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer Residual Ratings

Rate this question

racoon1

Question

For any of you guys who have had prostate cancer surgery, what have your experiences been as far as the post treatment residual rating %. I know what "38 CFR Book C Schedule for Rating Disabilities" says, I'm curious what has happened in real life. Did you get 20, 40, or 60 %, did your rating go straight by the book? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

For any of you guys who have had prostate cancer surgery, what have your experiences been as far as the post treatment residual rating %. I know what "38 CFR Book C Schedule for Rating Disabilities" says, I'm curious what has happened in real life. Did you get 20, 40, or 60 %, did your rating go straight by the book? Any advice would be appreciated.

I had prostate surgery in 9/2007, filed claim in 9/2007. In june 2008 C&P was done. My residues matched the requirements for 60% rating. Received 100% for six months ( 10/2007 thru April 2008) and sixty percent until VA calls. Almost forgot SMC was granted.

Hope this help.

Same as Isaac. SMC for loss of use of organ (prostate). Your final rating can be based on frequency, number of pads you use a day etc.

Same as Isaac. SMC for loss of use of organ (prostate). Your final rating can be based on frequency, number of pads you use a day etc.

Yes, these are the replies I'm looking for. Were there ratings the result of the C&P exam or did you have to get your urologist involved? Was it a pretty straightforward process or was it a hassle getting the ratings? Thanks & good luck!

The SMC "K' Award -if the prostate causes erectile dysfunction- is separate from any other residuals you could claim.

This claim has more info:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp08/files2/0815665.txt

I have a feeling there are plenty more claims at the BVA due to reductions for prostate cancer and yet the vet did have ratable residuals-

this vet also claimed depression- if the depression by medical evidence-came from having the prostate cancer that too could have been service connected.