Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Reply - What Is Going On?

Rate this question

jmlo

Question

After numerous inquiries about my claim for IU, I finally found out a decision was made on July 4, 2008 (I didn't know they worked on holidays?) They told me that it could take 30-45 days for me to receive my decision and that it was sent for "Authorization". I'm not sure what this final step of "Authorization" is but I waited. Yesterday was officially past the 45 days so I sent a question to IRIS. Here is my question and their response. Why is this taking longer than expected? Does anyone know? Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Any help appreciated.

Mr. ,

We are almost finished with your claim, but we need a little more time. You should receive notice of our action within 30 days, but probably much closer to two weeks. If you do not receive notice by 09/01/08, contact us again for an update.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message. If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

D. Svirsky

Veterans Service Center Manager

217/233/94 Veteran/Inquirer08/20/2008 09:13 AM I have been waiting for a reply back from CS who sent an IRIS inquiry last week about the status of my claim for Unemployability. A decision was made on July 4, 2008 and I was told it would be 30-45 days to receive my decision in the mail. Yesterday was officially 45 days and I would like to know the decision. Could you please let me know when I might receive the decision on this claim? Thank you.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

After numerous inquiries about my claim for IU, I finally found out a decision was made on July 4, 2008 (I didn't know they worked on holidays?) They told me that it could take 30-45 days for me to receive my decision and that it was sent for "Authorization". I'm not sure what this final step of "Authorization" is but I waited. Yesterday was officially past the 45 days so I sent a question to IRIS. Here is my question and their response. Why is this taking longer than expected? Does anyone know? Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Any help appreciated.

Mr. ,

We are almost finished with your claim, but we need a little more time. You should receive notice of our action within 30 days, but probably much closer to two weeks. If you do not receive notice by 09/01/08, contact us again for an update.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message. If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

D. Svirsky

Veterans Service Center Manager

217/233/94 Veteran/Inquirer08/20/2008 09:13 AM I have been waiting for a reply back from CS who sent an IRIS inquiry last week about the status of my claim for Unemployability. A decision was made on July 4, 2008 and I was told it would be 30-45 days to receive my decision in the mail. Yesterday was officially 45 days and I would like to know the decision. Could you please let me know when I might receive the decision on this claim? Thank you.

I recently went through the same situation. I was told by VSO that it would take 30 to 60 days for a decision. After about 50 days I sent an IRIS asking for status of my claim. They sent reply back saying I would be receiving notice in the mail shortly. At exactly 60 days from my last C & P exam I received my decison.

So I would say your's is just around the corner too. Just need to be patient.

Good luck!

jmlo,

Welcome,

VA did say to you that," If you do not receive notice by 09/01/08, contact us again for an update." Well in truth,that date has not arrived yet.

If you have Direct Deposit set up with VA then I'd check the bank account balance

about every 2-3 days, you might find out quicker that way.

VA is allowed to tell the vet, example 30-45 days before VA will respond - but you will find VA only enforces timelimits on the veteran -- not on themselves.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

Yeah, that is a shame that it works that way. I think saying if you don't hear by 9/1/08 then contact again is just like saying 30-45 days. It's just another delay. I've been waiting since February and fighting the fight since 1998. Getting there slowly. . . . . . . very s l o w l y.

At least they did not say due to there summer vacation schedule it will be awhile. That was the response on my last IRIS from the same RO. Makes you wonder....lol