Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Question

Rate this question

trez

Question

IF A VETERAN IS SCHEDULAR 100% CAN THAT PERSON GO BACK INTO VOC RE-HAB TO GET A MASTERS DEGREE ??

I ALREADY RECEIVED AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE I'M CURRENTLY WAITING FOR MY NEXT RATING DECISION TO COME DOWN CURRENTLY AT 90% AND I'M VERY WORRIED. MY VIETNAM FRIEND TELLS ME TO CHILL OUT I HAVE ONLY 10% MORE TO GO FOR SCHEDULAR 100% REALLY WORRIED

AND NERVOUS.

BUDDY A MINE SAID YES I WILL HAVE TO RE-APPLY TO VOC REHAB IF THEY SAY NO I COULD ASK FOR EXTENSION????? HE SAID THEY STILL SAY NO APPEAL AND APPEAL???? I WAS SICK AFTER I LEFT SCHOOL IT WASN'T MY FAULT BUT I FINISHED ANYWAY AND GRADUATED

FEELING A LITTLE BETTER THESE DAYS MY RIGHT EYE IS GONE FROM BLINDNESS AND MY LEFT HAND HAS ATROPHY FROM IN SERVICE INJURY MY LAWYER HAS REQUESTED SMC BUT I DINT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN

ANY COMMENTS ON THAT

THANKS

1 OTHER QUESTION

CAN A VET APPLY FOR TRICARE ??? WHAT IS TRI CARE AND WHO IS ELIGIBLE THANK YOU FOR ANS MY QUESTIONS I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND TIME THANK YOU!!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

See, my problem is the VA uses what it says are NSC issues as the excuse to withhold education benefits from me. In short, here is what I have been through: I got the anthrax shots shortly before getting out of the Marine Corps. I have had health problems (real health problems, which are verified when lab tests and scans are actually done) ever since getting the anthrax shots. I went to the VA and said I believe my health problems are secondary to my anthrax shots. The VA medical side then began to write derogatory notes about me into my medical record literally because I dared mention the anthrax vaccine. In fact, I have a copy of a memo that the VA wrote about me which literally stated that the VA employees had to start a "psycho-social" profile because I spoke about the anthrax vaccine. Thus I can't get SC for those health problems. The benefits side of the VA, thanks to the medical side, says that I am "too disabled" to go to college because of......."mental illness." Where does the "mental illness" come from? The fact that when I dared mention the anthrax vaccine, the VA would chart into my medical record "delusional thinking."

It is so bad that if I go to the VA medical system and say how depressed I feel about not getting help for school, the VA will chart: "delusions of a persecutory nature." Albeit, they won't bother to state what these delusions are. You see? I am "delusional" for telling the VA about what the VA itself is doing. Thus the benefits side can take those notes and further use those to....withhold education benefits.

I am now stuck in a trap in terms of dealing with the VA. If I even attempt to try to explain anything, no matter how polite I am, that also gets labeled as "anger." What is interesting is that I was literally flagged by the VA for asking for help for my depression. Think I am embellishing, I am not. My Congresswoman's office even found that one out. It was explained to me that I am flagged FOREVER. If I make it into old age and I am in a wheelchair, I will still be flagged by the VA. This proves that it has NOTHING to do with behavior. I have one speeding ticket from 1997 as the only offense of any kind. I have never threatened anybody, nor have I ever harmed anybody. In fact, I have never raised my voice at anybody except for over the phone many years ago. I am by nature a very timid person, especially in person. My step dad who is a disabled veteran actually kicked a VA nurse and was flagged for one year. I, on the other hand, have been told that I am flagged FOREVER.

That said, the VA has referred to things like me writing a WELL-WRITTEN, POLITE letter giving a play-by-play of how the VA is withholding my education benefits as THREATENING. No vulgarity, no profanity. I even signed the letter cordially at the end. The VA didn't even bother to respond to my letter. No. They just call it "threatening." In fact, I chose to correspond through a letter precisely so that the VA would not be able to morph what I said into a "delusion" or something worse. What do they do? They ignore the substance, and call it a "threatening" letter.

I bring all of this up because I think I know what is going on. The VA sees me as a "political" opponent--so-to-speak. I have empirical evidence of VA misfeasance. I have cognitive skills. Just see my website www.NoAnthraxVaccine.net I can write clearly and proficiently. The VA is more concerned about political opponents than they are real security threats. If the VA has engaged in misfeasance against a veteran, the VA must do EVERYTHING in its power to keep that veteran discredited. I guess I should take the VA's behavior as a positive sign that I must have a pretty good case against the VA.

Cordially,

Mark Anderson

I AGREE WITH YOU PLUS I ALREADY HAVE AN UNDERGRAD DEGREE I'M AGE 50 TO BUT ILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MY NEXT RATE DECISION DAV TOLD ME I STILL HAVE TIME ON VOC REHAB CLOCK THEY TELL ME IF VA GRANTS ME 100% SCHEDULAR THEY WILL BACK ME UP IN RE FILING A RE-ENTRY BACK IN TO VOC REHAB. I PITTY HAVING TO SIT IN THAT MISERABLE VOC REHAB COUNSELORS OFFICE THOUGH.

have you tried to get a claim for mental health reasons they already say exist? seems by treating you this way, they have opened themselves up to allowing you a claim that they already agree exists???? Not trying to piss you off, but if that is a road to take to get what you need, take it. It is better than some people get around here from all the posts I read.