VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

CRYPTOTECH

Question

Hi fellow vets...I have an appeal currently at the rating board. I recently sent in a request for my C&P exam back in 2007. I got in the mail recently and discovered the exam had 3 clear errors. There was one statement made by the VA examiner that I made a comment that I never made. Also he had information that was incorrect in the exam that would be detrimental to granting my claim.

I recently sent the VA and DAV a letter outlining the mistakes/errors that are misleading or otherwise outright wrong. The problem is if I didn't request and get a copy I would have never known of these mistakes that could have a negative outcome for my appeal.

Always get a copy of your exam and if you find errors write the VA and your Representative immediately notifying them of these errors. I know from this experience other Vets have probably had their claims decided on the merits of a VA exam containing errors.

These errors in my claim were grave and outright upsetting.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Hi fellow vets...I have an appeal currently at the rating board. I recently sent in a request for my C&P exam back in 2007. I got in the mail recently and discovered the exam had 3 clear errors. There was one statement made by the VA examiner that I made a comment that I never made. Also he had information that was incorrect in the exam that would be detrimental to granting my claim.

I recently sent the VA and DAV a letter outlining the mistakes/errors that are misleading or otherwise outright wrong. The problem is if I didn't request and get a copy I would have never known of these mistakes that could have a negative outcome for my appeal.

Always get a copy of your exam and if you find errors write the VA and your Representative immediately notifying them of these errors. I know from this experience other Vets have probably had their claims decided on the merits of a VA exam containing errors.

These errors in my claim were grave and outright upsetting.

Crypto,

Good advice!

However, rule of thumb is never wait for more than say 4 weeks, before you go to the VA and submit a release of information form and request a copy of your exam from the VARO.

Look over the exam and immediately respond in writing to anything incorrect on your exam.

If you have a VSO, also inform him/her of the error and make sure that they also have a copy of your rebuttal that you're sending to VA.

Cover all corners of the incorrect exam, as well as take out any loopholes the VA might be able to use against you, in dealing with a bad exam.

Whoop