trez

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

You can always apply for VOC REHAB, the only thing is: if you're 100% for a mental condition, VOC REHAB will deny your request.

If you're 100%, then it's still a strong possiblity that VOC REHAB will deny your claim.

You may be more benefited, if you apply for the ILP program or the Independent living program.

IN this program, the va helps the vet "improve his/her quality of life" in and around their home!

Check into that, cause from the sounds of things, this may be the best and safest avenue you should and could pursue.

Hope this helps.

Whoop

• HadIt.com Elder

Whoop:

I think that you are mistaken about 100% Mental as Voc Rehab has approved before. The main thing they look at is if they think the rehab will lead to employment.

I was approved for Voc Rehab in 1998 even though Service Connected at 100%. If they will not give you Voc Rehab don't forget to ask for Independent Living.

Good Luck to all

Whoop:

I think that you are mistaken about 100% Mental as Voc Rehab has approved before. The main thing they look at is if they think the rehab will lead to employment.

I was approved for Voc Rehab in 1998 even though Service Connected at 100%. If they will not give you Voc Rehab don't forget to ask for Independent Living.

Good Luck to all

whats independent living mean ??? thanks can you explain

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA recognizing that a Veteran will not be able to Voc Rehab and go off disability attempts to enrich their life by paying for something that will make living better for the Veteran.

Examples from past are a computer and stuff needed to use it including training, camera for a hobby, improvements to make more comfortable like a good a/c, remodel bathrooms and things of this nature, They have to rule out voc rehab first.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete is right, My grandfather has a stepson who suffered a bad ptsd experience in the CG.

He mind is shot. The VA bought him a swimming pool. Nothing fancy but at least it is a pool.

J

whats independent living mean ??? thanks can you explain

well ill wait until after my next rate decision and then look at my voc rehab time clock know i still got bout 2 years left after i got my under grad. If i get denied VOC RE-HAB DAV states i can appeal and appeal, so ill just hold for right now till the next rate decision is in and then go from their. thx

Edited by trez