• donate-be-a-hero.png

Grants To Build A Home

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I filed for and recieved entitlement to the full housing grant, as well as the vehicle. They just raised the housing grant to... I think 120K... maybe it was 160K have to check and you can use it in chunks if you dont use it all at once.

I was renovating a home and was planning on using it for that, but with the increase I have decided to pay for that renovation out of pocket and use it to build new construction next year some time.

There are a bunch.. a bunch of guidelines on how the building has to be adapted. Theres a phamplet for that as well, just do a search on the va website. It specially adapted housing etc.

Any specific questions feel free to ask.

Bob Smith

• 3 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

I am once again going to take a run at getting a SAH Grant to remodel my bathroom and remove sunken tub and replace with walkin shower. Is there an easy way to do this I have tried Voc Rehab and struck out on Independent Living as the latest Counselor says ILS does not do this and yet they show a film of adapting a home for a disabled veteran to make living there feasible.

The Prostetics department was not the least bit helpful either. My Primary Doc wrote up a report that I needed it for Safety and I have an SMC S award

Edited by Pete53
typo