VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help For Spouse Of Retired Deseased Veteran

Rate this question

kris

Question

Hi all,

I know this isn't the right forum but maybe you could guide me in the right direction.

My mother inlaw is coming to live with us. My father inlaw is deceased and was retired navy. My mother inlaw is disabled and for some reason she know longer has VA benefits for medical care through the VA. She pays for bluecross and medicare A and B. Just wanted to know if there is a forum that can give us some answers on why she was dropped from the medical program from the va. She does currently get aid and attendence ( alittle over $300 a month. Really I just need to know what benefits she would be entitled to as a Wife of a retired deceased veteran. My father inlaw had been deceased for 10 years.

Thank you all

You help me win my claim

Kris

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Eariler this year there was an extraordinary ruling (after a LONG battle) regard SBP and DIC for widows/widowers of retired military personnel:

http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,162584,00.htm

Does your mother in law receive SBP?

Did she ever apply for DIC?

Was she dropped from CHAMPVA or CHAMPUS medical Program?

Did she recently turn 65 and therefore Medicare would kick in before CHAMPVA would?

But it seems to me, as widow of retired vetern- you do mean CHAMPUS??

Can you give us the exact wording of the letter that dropped her and who it came from? CHAMPVA or CHAMPUS?

berta,

My mother inlaw recieves over $900 a month from the va in retirement benefits and over $300 a month in Aid and attendence. I don't know if that is SBP because my spouse can not find the paperwork right now.

Now as far as her VA medical it was dropped somehow when medicaid took over about 5 years ago. The reason she is coming to live with us is the place where she is staying is going up another $1000 a month and we can't afford to pay that money out of our pockets. She does not belong in a nursing home, nor could we do that to her.

She does not get DIC. Ray who is the deceased retired veteran did not die from a SC illness. MY mother inlaw is 75 years old. thank you berta, kris

Medicaid? and not Medicare-

I sure dont know anything about Medicaid Kris-

maybe someone else here can help you-

It looks to me that every state has its own Medicaid web site-and there is a main web site too- these sites might be able to answer your questions.