Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta Or Others In The Know

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

OK Here we go

As I have stated on the board I was granted an "L" award on Special Monthly Compensation.

This was approved at the RO which I find difficult to believe as they have never approved a darn thing I have sent in.

OK...I have at least 7-8 VA Docs saying I need A & A & one saying I need it 24 hours a day & 1 or 2 IMO's which state "I need A & A"

I asked Berta if I should talk with a Lawyer & she seemed to think it was a good idea & I called Karl (Lawyer's Name I got from Berta} today & am waiting for him to call me back.

I know I have asked this question before but I just want to be reassured that how ever long it may take said Lawyer to complete this claim that I will be receiving the award that was granted to me.

I already received back pay which went back to 1997.

Also, I believe with all the evidence I sent them I deserve a higher rating than an L & hope the VA agrees after I "sic' a Lawyer on them"

So, that's the question & any input I would sincerly appreciate.

Also, has anyone been in this position before & if so how did said person fare with the VA?

Thank U as always for the input

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Gary- I think Karl will certainly be able to assess your medical evidence to see if it qualifies for a higher SMC level.

As I might have said -it took me a lot of time to see how my husband fit into the higher SMC levels.

SMC takes many factors into consideration and it is always an award that is unique to each veteran-

Lots of SMC stuff here too at hadit.

In some cases the VA will award "S" (100%SC plus 60% SC for independent other disability- but the reality is the vet might well be eligible for higher than the "S".

It all depends on medical evidence.

Berta, I'm sure he will do as good a job as my last Lawyer did. Can't remember his name. Guess I'm having a Brain Freeze Up. HA

Well, here's some terrible news. My Nephew ( Think he was 43) committed SUICIDE this week end. Took a bottle of Xanax & Percasits & that was the end of him.

He had a good job & I thought he was doing well in this World but one never knows about another till they walk in their shoes.

I guess he had something he figured he couldn't control or whatever.

He was a Driver for UPS & had been there a long time but I guess stranger things have happened.

GARY

Clark Evans that was his name. HA Weird how that works because sometimes if I can't remember something I try to remember it

just kind of floats up & there it is. HA

GARY

gdsnide