VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dont You Just Love The Way The V.a. Works

Rate this question

mcso111

Question

I had filed a claim in feb of this year, and when i call there 800 number they state that all info has been recieved and pending a review before it is sent on to whom ever,

up until yesterday they stated that they were waiting for certain info about a mobolization that i was ordered to go on,

but they said they had all the info. all the times before when i called

anyway they asked me if i had any information that they wanted for my claim and of course i said i did and i faxed it to them, i guess we will see how long it takes for them to realize that they have all the info again.

so i wondered how long they would of waited for info that wasnt coming!

also I had filed a claim back in the first part of aug of this year and i have called religiously to see if the claim is in there system and of course there is no sign of it,

i did it electronically on there claim file website so it would be a direct line to them but i guess that is to difficult for them, so when i called they asked if i had the file that i claimed and wanted me to fax to them the entire claim again. seems to me like nobody knows what is going on there. there system so far appears caotic.

I guess they can send me how to rate claims and i will do it for them and fax them the results but they probly wont get that either.

anyone else have any suggestions how i should proceed.

I am half tempted to go to st.louis and get copies of everything they have and compare with what was sent and add what they say they dont have.

what a mess.. :lol:

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Sometimes the only benefit to having a vet rep is the fact that the rep gets copies of what VA sends to you and hopefully copies of what you send to the VA.

Your frustration could be echoed here a thousand times in a day-

if you are close enough to your VARO it could pay to

(my post flew into hyperspace)- I would go there myself (make an appointment first) If I were you and check what they have in the file.

• HadIt.com Elder

To view your C-file at the VARO, you will need to write them in advance for an appointment. They may turn you away if you don't.

Another approach is to request a local hearing with you rep being present. During the hearing you can discuss all your evidence.

If you request a hearing, "ALWAYS" request a formal hearing. Don't let your rep talk you out of it.