VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Migraine Sufferers?

Rate this topic

Guest Susan S

We have a veteran on the Board who is down with severe migraines. He is in a dark :lol: quiet room with ice packs on his neck but still has the throbbing and pressure behind eyes...can't shake it...anyone here have any "home remedies" for migraine pain relief? Suggestions???

--Susan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I know its tough but ya have to keep trying to find some help. There are all kinds of different meds. Just don't give up.

Sometimes Caffiene works for migraine sufferers. For me, if I'm out of my meds, I take 600-800 mg of ibuprophen or even 2 Eleve. I'm not suggesting he take anything that I take though - I'm just saying that I do this. Heat packs can help the discomfort. My advice would be to get him to the closest ER and they will help him. Waiting for his doctor's appointment seems wrong when he can get treated by an ER doc - even at a VA (they have immediate care clinic's for patients that need to be seen ASAP) that doesn't have an ER.