Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Gi Bill

Rate this question



Greetings Comrades,

Our legs can't stand climbing stairs anymore and the ortho doc prescribed moving to a ranch house.

A single level house without steps.

My kids have located several places/locations in Texas that fit the bill but I don't want to move the 600 miles away from my favorite salvage yard.


We would like to look into using my GI Bill to help finance another place.

We may have to build from scratch to get what we need.

Land is not getting any cheaper either.

What's the first step of the process to acquire the GI Bill loan?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • HadIt.com Elder

Call 800 827 1000 and ask them to send you the forms and the bulletin on how to do it.

Good Luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Call 800 827 1000 and ask them to send you the forms and the bulletin on how to do it.

Good Luck

Tom- do you mean the VA Mortgage Guaranty Loan? the forms are at the VA web site under home loans-

The GI Bill- that info is there too regarding edicational benefits under the educational Icon- HOWEVER_

it is all mumbo jumbo-

There is a site via military.com on all you need to know about the GI bill that VA doesn't tell you-

I will try to find it.

Have you received a Certificate of Eligibility yet for the loan?

That might not be part of the application. But it should also be at the VA web site or of course as Pete said by calling the VA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

To request a Certificate of Eligibility for VA home loan benefits, you must

1. Complete VA Form 26-1880, download here - http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/26-1880.pdf

2. Submit it to one of our VA Eligibility Centers, found here - http://www.homeloans.va.gov/elig.htm

3. Submit proof of service as described on the instruction page of the form.

More . . . Effective January 1, 2006, changes in the loan guaranty limits will mean veterans are able to get no-down payment loans up to $417,000. The previous ceiling was $359,650. With VA guaranteeing a portion of the loan, veterans can receive a competitive interest rate from banks and mortgage companies without making a down payment, making it easier to buy a home http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/PressArtInternet.cfm?id=1062

more . . .

VA Homes for Sale (outsourced to Ocwen Financial Corp) http://www.ocwen.com/reo/reofindbystate.cfm

HUD Homes http://www.vahomes.org/

United Country Real Estate (my favorite search engine) http://www.unitedcountry.com/index.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use