VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue And Attorneys

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

How do I start CUE? I kind of need step by step directions.

How do I find an attorney? I really don't want to turn this over to an attorney, but I will if I have to; I'm a control freak, and I'm our best advocate!

I've requested the C-File, but they sent a letter that said it would prolong the appeals process, I'm resending the request for C-File, I'll get it this time, no matter what. I'm desperate to know what's in it.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I posted advice as to a Reconsideration question and other stuff in the other post you made.

A good vet rep should understand what I meant about having the VA call a cue on itself-itself- you can print out my response and give it to a vet rep or any veterans lawyer -they should know what I mean -

you can file the NOD and get a lawyer or

you can file a reconsideration request (info here under search on that)

and get a vet rep to support it but you cant get a lawyer until the NOD is filed

When you get lawyer you will have to revoke the vet rep POA.It is often beneficial to file a Recon request but to make sure that if almost a year passes, the NOD is then filed within the one year deadline.

or

You can ask the VA to CUE themselves if they broke VA case law- which they did

Cite 38 CFR 4.3 and 4.6-

and anything in M21-1 that will help you- the rep or lawyer will know how to do this-that too might bring better decision- still the NOD time frame is only one year-

were you given a 60 day response period to this decision?

Copy ALL of the evidence again and re-send it to them with whatever you decide to do and tell them to acknowlede it properly as M21-1 states they are supposed to.

• HadIt.com Elder

The Vet reps here are a joke. That's why we fired ours. I'm looking into the attorney thing. We were given the 60 days to respond. I've sent the CUE request by IRIS. If I don't hear back within 5 days, I'll send a request in the mail certified return receipt. I hope I'm doing this right. Is that right?

I posted advice as to a Reconsideration question and other stuff in the other post you made.

A good vet rep should understand what I meant about having the VA call a cue on itself-itself- you can print out my response and give it to a vet rep or any veterans lawyer -they should know what I mean -

you can file the NOD and get a lawyer or

you can file a reconsideration request (info here under search on that)

and get a vet rep to support it but you cant get a lawyer until the NOD is filed

When you get lawyer you will have to revoke the vet rep POA.It is often beneficial to file a Recon request but to make sure that if almost a year passes, the NOD is then filed within the one year deadline.

or

You can ask the VA to CUE themselves if they broke VA case law- which they did

Cite 38 CFR 4.3 and 4.6-

and anything in M21-1 that will help you- the rep or lawyer will know how to do this-that too might bring better decision- still the NOD time frame is only one year-

were you given a 60 day response period to this decision?

Copy ALL of the evidence again and re-send it to them with whatever you decide to do and tell them to acknowlede it properly as M21-1 states they are supposed to.