Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Dad Is Continuiously Denied Benefits/compensation

Rate this question

slschwartz

Question

I saw a sticker on a car from a Vietnam Vet for this Hadit.com website and thought I would give it a try.

I am writing on behalf of my father who served in Vietnam. I have tried to help him several other times, but he gets more and more frustrated with every try and each time the VA denies him compensation/benefits. It's quite a long story, but if there are any Vietnam Vets out there (God Bless You!) who have fought for VA Disability compensation after being denied, I would really like to hear from you. He's been through the appeals process several times and each time gets his hope up because the person working on his behalf at the VA tells him that "this time is it". Well, it never is. Please contact me with some advice or your story. My email address is: sharonschwartz@cfl.rr.com.

Thank you.

Sharon

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I saw a sticker on a car from a Vietnam Vet for this Hadit.com website and thought I would give it a try.

I am writing on behalf of my father who served in Vietnam. I have tried to help him several other times, but he gets more and more frustrated with every try and each time the VA denies him compensation/benefits. It's quite a long story, but if there are any Vietnam Vets out there (God Bless You!) who have fought for VA Disability compensation after being denied, I would really like to hear from you. He's been through the appeals process several times and each time gets his hope up because the person working on his behalf at the VA tells him that "this time is it". Well, it never is. Please contact me with some advice or your story. My email address is: sharonschwartz@cfl.rr.com.

Thank you.

Sharon

Sharon, Must veterans e-mail you privately, or can they discuss the issues with you on this board??? Are your father's medical issues just too private to share, or are there general questions/concerns that are held in common with all vets when dealing with the VA???

Guest Jim S.

Sharon: Does you father have complete file of his C-File [Claims File lcated at his area VARO, (Veterans Affairs Regional Office)] ? Does he have a copy of his Service Medical Records and Service Personel Records?

What specific medical issues are we talking about and do you know if they are in his Service Medical Records and/or was treated for anything specific? If we are talking about PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) Has he been diagnosed and does he have proof of his stressor, such as action reports, something in his personel file, does his MOS, reflect more likely than not his participation in action? Was he woinded or received any citations or action awards such as cilver or bronze star.

The questions can go on and on and as Wings has pointed out, to help you we need to know at least some specifics.

Most assuredly we will have to know what his issues are that were denied by the VARO to start. Oh! what brach of service to would help.

Sorry if I sound a bit nosey, but we aren't mind readers aour best recommendations mean nothing without having something to base them on.

Jim S. :D

" It's quite a long story, but if there are any Vietnam Vets out there (God Bless You!) who have fought for VA Disability compensation after being denied, I would really like to hear from you. "

If all the Nam vets I know who fulfill that criteria emailed you-it would probably take weeks for you to open all that email! Many of them are right here anyhow-

We need to know more as Jim said- he gave you excellent advise as to what we need to know and what has to be done----

What is the actual Reason and Bases for his most recent denial?

The VA should have clearly stated why he is being denied and within that statement are the clues as to what he needs to succeed.

As Jim said- we prefer to handle these question at hadit- a response or idea or suggestion to one vet here reaches many others in hyperspace-

I often get email thank yous from vets I dont know but the hadit advice they read has helped them even though they dont post here-

• HadIt.com Elder

Sharon:

It took me five years to win my claim aginst the VA. It was not easy but if you would tell us a little about the case I am sure that you will get some pretty decent advice.

The main thing is don't give up.

Good luck on your fathers claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sharon,

Given the paucity of information that you provided, I have to agree with all the prior posters.

My suggestion is to review the advice for new members, given on hadit.com's Home Page. You will quickly get the idea of the kind and potential source of the information we need to help you.

Good luck

Sharon, Must veterans e-mail you privately, or can they discuss the issues with you on this board??? Are your father's medical issues just too private to share, or are there general questions/concerns that are held in common with all vets when dealing with the VA???

I am not familiar with the working of this message board and it was easier for me to read replies in my regular email, plus I can access them from my office. It is fine for anyone to answer me on this forum. I will be looking into both.

Thank you.

Sharon