Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Crsc & Ptsd Re-examination

gunner

Question

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY,

I HAVE A TWO-SIDED QUESTION TO THROW OUT HERE TO EVERYBODY. I REOPENED MY CLAIM LAST YEAR AND HAD GOOD RESULTS ON THE FINAL OUTCOME. MY PTSD WAS CHANGED FROM 0% TO 50%, SO ALONG WITH MY OTHER STUFF I WENT FROM 60% TO 90%. HOWEVER, ON MY RATING DECISION FOR THE PTSD INFO IT SAYS I MUST BE RE-EXAMINED IN 3 YEARS. I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE VA DOCTORS IN THE MENTAL HEALTH AS WELL AS THE VETS CENTER FOR OVER 8 YEARS. ALONG WITH THAT I HAVE BEEN ON MEDS PRESCRIBED BY THEM FOR ? YEARS. IS THIS A NORMAL SITUATION OR IS IT UNIQUE?

NOW FOR THE SECOND QUESTION. I HAVE BEEN PONDERING THE THOUGHT OF APPLYING FOR THE COMBAT RELATED SPECIAL COMPENSATION (CRSC) BUT HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS, AS I HATE TO START FILLING OUT 6,000 FORMS AND LETTERS AND DIGGING UP ALL THE STUFF AGAIN. MY QUESTION "IS IT WORTH IT" AND HOW MUCH STUFF DO I HAVE TO GET FOR THAT? IN FACT "HOW MUCH" IS IT WORTH OR IS IT JUST A TAX FREE STATUS AS I AM LED TO BELIEVE.

ANY HELP OUT THERE ON THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY,

I HAVE A TWO-SIDED QUESTION TO THROW OUT HERE TO EVERYBODY. I REOPENED MY CLAIM LAST YEAR AND HAD GOOD RESULTS ON THE FINAL OUTCOME. MY PTSD WAS CHANGED FROM 0% TO 50%, SO ALONG WITH MY OTHER STUFF I WENT FROM 60% TO 90%. HOWEVER, ON MY RATING DECISION FOR THE PTSD INFO IT SAYS I MUST BE RE-EXAMINED IN 3 YEARS. I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE VA DOCTORS IN THE MENTAL HEALTH AS WELL AS THE VETS CENTER FOR OVER 8 YEARS. ALONG WITH THAT I HAVE BEEN ON MEDS PRESCRIBED BY THEM FOR ? YEARS. IS THIS A NORMAL SITUATION OR IS IT UNIQUE?

NOW FOR THE SECOND QUESTION. I HAVE BEEN PONDERING THE THOUGHT OF APPLYING FOR THE COMBAT RELATED SPECIAL COMPENSATION (CRSC) BUT HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS, AS I HATE TO START FILLING OUT 6,000 FORMS AND LETTERS AND DIGGING UP ALL THE STUFF AGAIN. MY QUESTION "IS IT WORTH IT" AND HOW MUCH STUFF DO I HAVE TO GET FOR THAT? IN FACT "HOW MUCH" IS IT WORTH OR IS IT JUST A TAX FREE STATUS AS I AM LED TO BELIEVE.

ANY HELP OUT THERE ON THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Gunner

Are you retired military? CRSC only comes into play if you are retired Military with more then 20 years service.

Jim

Jim MAC,

YES I AM RETIRED WITH 25+ YEARS OF SERVICE. WHAT'S YOUR INPUT ON THIS? I HOPE SOMEBODY'S GOT SOME INPUT. I ALSO FOUND SOME INFO SAYING A REVIEW OF A SERVICE CONNECTED RATING IS NOT WARRANTED AFTER AGE 55. I'M NOW 58 YEARS OLD. ANY INFO ON THAT AS WELL?

THANKS TO ALL.

Guest Jim S.

Since it was not one of your questions, I assume you are still working, otherwise they failed to concider you for TDIU. Since your combined is over 70% and if you are having problems at/or with work, it may be a consideration.

But I would suggest and recommend, that if you are able to work, continue to do so, being unable to work isn't all it's cracked up to be, if you do not find something to do with your time, everything tends to go down hill from their and any physical problems could soon become major problems.

Just thought I'd comment on the alternative.

Jim S. :D

I AM STILL WORKING AND HAVEN'T CONSIDERED LEAVING UNTIL AGE 62, OR I AM PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO DO SO, WHICH TO A CERTAIN DEGREE IS CLOSE TO BORDERLINE NOW. MY CURRENT JOB HAS TRIGGERS WHICH I MUST ENDURE AT A REGULAR INTERVAL.I GO TO GROUPS WEEKLY AND AM SEEN ON A REGULAR BASIS AT THE VAMC MHC DOCTORS AND PSYCHOLOGISTS.

GUNNER