Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

An Open Apology To All

Rate this question

AnonyMousVet

Question

This is not the time of year where I behave my best. I'm sure that all who have PTSD have their time of the year and hopefully understand what I am saying.

I have been brutal in some of my postings. I personally would not want to be in the shoes of the VA folks who have to deal with the amount of claims coming in. I'm sure no consideration was given to their needs when our current leaders decide to send this generation of warriors across the globe. For the most part, 99% of them do their jobs to the best of their ability.

On the rare occasion like this one, when I have a "moment of clarity", when I see the rational understanding person I used to be, is when I wish I could just put a gun to to my head and end it, because I know the PTSD and MDD will soon be back to ravish my mind and body.

If it wasn't for a loving, understanding wife and a beautiful little boy to go home to every night, I do believe I would have shot myself years ago.

My apologies to all whom I have offended.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I don't suffer the PTSD but I do suffer MDD, anxiety and adjustment disorder, so I to know what the winter months will bring. To help me cope, I try to keep the room that I am in at the time well lit. I've even been told a sun lamp will help. If it's to cold outside, but the sun is shinning bright and you have a large window that the sun can shine in. I like to sit in front of it and let the sun's radiant heat warm my body, watch shows on TV that are funny and lively, listen to lively music.

These are but a few coping mechanisms that I use to help forgo those real lows in my depression, I also try to keep any changes in my life to a minimum so as not to trigger an anxiety attack and most of all, I try to make sure I keep taking my meds as perscribed so I don't deal with any of the bad effects of stopping a medication so abrutly.

We,ve all been their done that and know what you are feeling and going through so an appoligy isn't all that necessary, just acknowleging how you are feeling and letting other know is all that is necessary, we understand and are hear to help and give you the moral support you need to help you through this trying time.

They have been their for me, so I know they will be their for you also.

Rockhound Rider :(