VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stage Iiia Poorly Differentiated Carcinoma

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not finding much on it. There are a lot of hits on google, but mostly about other body parts, none on lung. The way his wife explained it, he has cancer in both small cells and large cells, which makes the cancer VERY rare. I've filled out the application for pension AND compensation for her. We'll see what they ask for as far as evidence and go from there. Their medical bills are insane and they haven't heard anything from medicaid, and SSDI won't be picking up until March. They're really bad off. I'm doing what I can, though. Any suggestions for other stuff? They don't have health insurance.

Edited by SouthernBelle

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Without an inservice etiology- this claim will be difficult.

If he can prove (by medical statement from a doctor) what casues this type of cancer-he can possibly find in his military records something that shows an inservice event or exposure caused this-

as widow years ago had been denied DIC many times but -with a single asrticle from the internet finally proved her claim.

Her husband had died of an extremely rare type of cancer. He served in Korea but not near the DMZ.

He served near a small village where a study was done as the people in this village had suffered from an unusually high incidence of the same rare cancer.

I dont know if they found it was a toxin in the drinking water or what caused it.

The BVA awarded her DIC because obviously this high incidence of rare type of cancer had been found exactly in locale where the veteran had served.

A single internet print out of the medical study awarded this widow her claim.

It shows just how proactive we have to be.

This vet- if wartime vet- is eligible for a VA pension-but that depends on any other income- I hope the pension claim is being processed as soon as possible for him.

this guy has bronchogenic carcinoma. i can't read his staging. staging comes from the pathologist who reads the nucleii of the cells of the cancerous mass. staging is used to drive the type of treatment the patient will receive.

both small cell and large cell are associated more often than not with smoking. small cell, sometimes called oat cell, is highly metastatic and often has migrated to other parts of the body at diagnosis. it also produces neuroendocrine hormones responsible for what is referred to as paraneoplastic syndrome. this syndrome is associated with many and varied physical illnesses that are seen in conjunction with the cancer. small cell responds to chemotherapy which can provide immediate relief, but often returns. large cell has a less positive response to chemotherapy.

I'm not finding much on it. There are a lot of hits on google, but mostly about other body parts, none on lung. The way his wife explained it, he has cancer in both small cells and large cells, which makes the cancer VERY rare. I've filled out the application for pension AND compensation for her. We'll see what they ask for as far as evidence and go from there. Their medical bills are insane and they haven't heard anything from medicaid, and SSDI won't be picking up until March. They're really bad off. I'm doing what I can, though. Any suggestions for other stuff? They don't have health insurance.