VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Dental Said It Has No Money

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a Dental Appointment today to have teeth cleaned. I asked if I could make another appointment in 6 months. Answer no its against policy. I asked if I could get teeth cleaned using fee service. Answer no Fee Service does not have any money.

I asked if I could get a bridge or an implant. Answer was no. I asked what if I need a filling? Answer was it will take awhile the VA does not have any money.

What the hell is going on?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I would go see my congressman on this and bring along the regulations about being entitled to full dental care. This is just the VA trying to save and scrimp at the veteran's expense. They know that if you have a dental problem you will probably get it fixed one way or the other. I have an appointment Wednesday at dental. I wonder if I will get that kind of BS? How in the devil can the VA tell you they don't have the money to meet their obligation to treat your dental condition? This is really a disgrace.

"How in the devil can the VA tell you they don't have the money to meet their obligation to treat your dental condition? This is really a disgrace."

The VA has different regions that do not work the same as each other.

The availability of everything and anything can be materially different by crossing from one region to another.

I have problems with medical care, in general, and prescriptions.

I'm still waiting on an MRI that got rescheduled, supposedly, last spring.

I'm still waiting on ortho, nerve and arthritis consults.

Can't remember what year they requested them.

My PC won't prescribe thyroid but my shrink did.

They keep canceling my medications for accounting reasons without consulting the doctor or patient.

Several medications were only filled once, the refills are cancelled or they went non-formulary all at once.

The next appointment we will order them again. Same tune, different drugs this time.

In the meantime I buy them myself or go without.

Dental is great, I just got a gold bridge installed.

They found 2 soft spots on my teeth, potential cavities, during the latest cleaning and I have an appointment to get them checked out in 3 weeks.

sledge