Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Veterans And Ssdi

Rate this question

ltate90

Question

ANY MEMBER IN HERE SERVED IN THE GULF HAVING PROBLEMS WITH GETTING APPROVED FOR SSD OR ANY MEMBER ON HERE HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR SSD. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL, I HEARD THEY ARE GIVING VETERANS WHO SERVED IN IRAQ AND AFGANISTAN SHORTER WAITING TIMES FOR THERE CLAIMS.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You will want to go to SSA website, find "Wounded Warrrior" program, read it and then apply on line. Make sure you read the information, and don't worry about active duty pay, it doesn't matter. You have to be disabled fro at least 12 months, and then they will pay you from the 13th month on. If you expect to recover and be able to work, I wouldn't recommend appying. It is a great program, I was approved in 2 months, even with a quality review, and was paid 13 months of SSDI while on active, and will be receiving it while retired also.

DMW,

WOUNDED WARRIOR CAN STILL REFER FOR PEOPLE THAT SERVED IN THE GULF WAR. I SPOKE WITH A YOUNG LADY TODAY FROM ODAR AND SHE TOLD ME TO SEND HER A COPY OF MY 100% IU PT AWARD LETTER FROM THE VA ( FAX IT TO HER IS WHAT SHE SAID ). GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ON WHAT THIS WOUNDED WARRIOR THING IS ABOUT.

The Social Security Administration has a wounded warrioir site. It is for all service personnel who have been seriously injured anywhere while on active duty, and I beleive current since 2001. They will process your claim in a speedy manner, and I mean speedy, there are people getting approved in 30-45 days. Mine went through a quality review and was still done in 2 months. That is fast. Got to the SSA website and you will see the wounded warrior, click on it and it will take you to eligibility, incom, and a link to apply on line. If you already have 100% IU from VA, you have a shot at getting SSDI. Depending on your work history anywhere from $1,000-$1,500 monthly. You can collect SSDI hile in receipt of VA and retired monies. SSD is not about your income but your ability to work.

Once you file they will send a self report and questionnaires, letters of release of info to get medical records from doctors and treatment centers. Even if you send them the documents they will still have to get them from treatment centers.

The sooner you get started the sooner you get done.

Mine was approved pretty easily as I am on pain management and take about 4 medications daily that say do not drive while taking. Also I canot sit or stand more than about 5-10 minutes without support, and have to le down and rest about every 30-45 minutes. Without being able to drive, stand, sit, or walk without support, it makes it kind of hard to work.

Look at Veterans Benfit Network, Social Security issues, read the self repor from Parick.

Good Luck