Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Conection

Rate this question

schauba

Question

I was in iraq and suffered from chest pain and shortness of breath. When i went to sick call they treated me as muscle pain i told them that i think i have asmha. I am out of the military and i have asmha but they denied my service connection because of nothing in my medical records. What else can I do?

• Answers 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

WOW Guys, You mean you can actually get the blue sheets??? Berta, Nam Vet, did you get yours sent under FOIA???

WOW Guys, You mean you can actually get the blue sheets??? Berta, Nam Vet, did you get yours sent under FOIA???

blue sheets (is that some sort of slang)?

Not slang- it is the blue colored rating sheet that often goes to the NSO and then stays in the VA c file-

Nam Vet ---dear friend----

I think I got mine from the DAV-after they told me they couldn't release them-

By the way all- you can request a copy of your vet rep files-too-

Since the State of NY Div of vets affairs represents me, I made this request under the FOIA 5, USC 552 but I would think that since the vet orgs are mostly all chartered by Congress -a Privacy Act request/ under 5, USC 552 would get them too---

These records that your vet rep has regarding your claim might not help your claim but they could

help in some other way-

I get concerned when a vet rep files an appeal or a NOD for the vet on their PC and they fail to give the vet a copy of it-or they do it while the vet is sitting there and how could that really cover it all?

An NOD should be carefully prepared by the veteran-to challenge every single point in any denial letter and to call attention to any evidence they failed to address.

I tell vets, if they are not working- in many cases- when filing NOD for higher rating- to attach a TDIU form

too to the NOD and any new evidence that the VA has not seen yet.

• HadIt.com Elder
An NOD should be carefully prepared by the veteran-to challenge every single point in any denial letter and to call attention to any evidence they failed to address.

I tell vets, if they are not working- in many cases- when filing NOD for higher rating- to attach a TDIU form

too to the NOD and any new evidence that the VA has not seen yet.

Berta, I wrote a detailed NOD 1.5 years ago and am STILL waiting for an SOC. I might have written a one-sentence NOD and saved my detailed arguments for responding to their SOC?! I'd prolly be closer to a BVA appeal had I done it that way! What do you think??? ~Wings

Berta, I wrote a detailed NOD 1.5 years ago and am STILL waiting for an SOC. I might have written a one-sentence NOD and saved my detailed arguments for responding to their SOC?! I'd prolly be closer to a BVA appeal had I done it that way! What do you think??? ~Wings

ok i went to that web site you gave me. The one to register for iraq vets and all i could find was this 1-800-796-9699 number to walter reed and nobody picks up. Is this what your refering to?

Silver Wings: I was in the AF from 1984-87. Norton AFB and Comiso AS, Sicily.