Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Conection

Rate this question

schauba

Question

I was in iraq and suffered from chest pain and shortness of breath. When i went to sick call they treated me as muscle pain i told them that i think i have asmha. I am out of the military and i have asmha but they denied my service connection because of nothing in my medical records. What else can I do?

• Answers 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim, you can take your holier than thou attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine, if you feel comfortable telling someone how to commit fraud, go right ahead, he is the one who made the statement that if he told the truth they wouldn't have let him in, now he wants to collect money for it, you and anyone else on this board is free to give all the advice you want, but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong, there is nothing gray about this claim. As far as your LSD usgae they army was giving it to people in tests so why should they bar you from re-enlisting for using it, they gave it to over 4000 men from 1955 thru 1975. Being allowed to re-enlist because they suspected you had been exposed to lSD is not anything special.

WHOA! Take a chill pill. Agree to disagree, no need to get testy. Their have been a number of views expressed here, mine and yours included, name calling and taking ensalt to opposing comments has no place in an open and constructive excange of ideas.

All I am saying is that their is more to this Veterans story than not listing as having had Asthma as a child and their is usually not time and ability by the Veteran to explain every aspect of his story for us to judge if his motives are worthy of out support or not. We try not to judge people who come here.

Their is a line between friendly discussion of differing opinions and a pissing contest, about who is right and who is wrong. We here prefer to remain friendly and agree to disagree when having differing opinions,

Jim S. :P

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe that is why some say there is an "underground" telling veterans how to get bad claims approved, but then again like almost everyone already knows the VA monitors these sites so they know who is who and what is being written, so I am sure the file has been notated. There is no such thing as anonomimity, if the govt wants to find out who is who they can get the info real easy from the ISP's. I have been on this board for three years and I don't need you to tell me how we behave here, people like me show their back sides occasionally and you can choose to ignore me or you can keep inflaming the issue like you did this morning.

Maybe that is why some say there is an "underground" telling veterans how to get bad claims approved, but then again like almost everyone already knows the VA monitors these sites so they know who is who and what is being written, so I am sure the file has been notated. There is no such thing as anonomimity, if the govt wants to find out who is who they can get the info real easy from the ISP's. I have been on this board for three years and I don't need you to tell me how we behave here, people like me show their back sides occasionally and you can choose to ignore me or you can keep inflaming the issue like you did this morning.

well i not here to make anybody mad. here is the story when i was a kid like 5-8 i had asthma real bad. (This is what my mom said) but when i got older it got better. When i joined the army they asked me if i had asthma and i said no. At that time i felt that i didn't have it, becasue the doctor said i would outgrow it so that is what i thought. I went through basic training and ait and had no problem. According to wings she the reg says anybody after 13 years old who hadn't had an any astma problems would be ok.

• HadIt.com Elder

you aren't making me mad, you are attempting to make a bad story good, what you do is up to you, you are the one who has to look in the mirror every day, you know what you are doing is right or wrong, you don't need any of us to tell you. You said at the beginning of this that you knew if you told them you had asthma that they wouldn't let you join, so you left it out, deliberately not an oversight, your statement that you felt we should all understand how bad you wanted to join the Army. Did you think you were going to serve your duty in San Diego? Korea is cold and frozen that's why it's called the Frozen Chosin, NTC is called the Dustbowl, the places where the Army works and fights is usually the worst places in the world, you knew what you were risking when you chose to enlist in the Army, you weren;'t drafted and now you want to profit off your childhood disease, you lied by omission and now you are knowingly filing false and imcomplete government documents, you do what you want, but I would hate to see HADIT get the reputation of helping people get fraudulent claims approved, your grown, be a man and do what you think is right.

"if he had told the TRUTH to start with this conversation wouldn't even be happening, what part of that do you not understand,"

Just because he may have had asthma as a child and noted it on his induction physical, doesn't necessarily mean they would have found him disqualified. They would have more than likely put him on a stationary bike and had him peddle awhile to check out his physical capability. Also, like Wings stated, if it was going to be a problem, basic training would have certainly brought it out, which it did not seem to do. It wasn't until after he was in the extreme weather conditions of the Gulf to bring out his asthma.

I was approved for reenlistment, even after having been exposed to a hallucinogenic substance, believed to be LSD. I certainly wasn't expecting them to approve me, but they did, even when it was documented that I was proned to flashbacks during periods of sleep deprevation.

So I say, I will not be trying to second guess this person, by playing arm chair quarterback for the service and who they will and will not take into the service with whatever pre-exsisting problems.

By the way, If you want to see my re-enlistment request and approval, I would be willing to scan it and post it for proof as to what I have said about my re-enlistment qualification.

Jim S. :P

Jim,

The difference here is that you was approved after documentation. The military was given the chance to determine eligibility.

This person says he had asthma "real bad" and said he "lied" to enlist. It's easy to understand that waiver's are granted in some cases. Maybe even most. This person never gave the opportunity to determine the true circumstances. Yet, wants paid for the condition he hid and OH, was never diagnosed for in service.

I do not have a problem with someone lying to join the service. Not one bit. I did not but sure would have if I wanted in bad enough. I do not have a problem with a person recieving the benifits they earned by that service. They earned it. I do have a problem with someone asking to get paid for the condition they lied about. They have allready beniffited a great deal in doing what they had wanted to do and had done the country good. Now to ask to be paid for a condition that was hid and that very well could have existed without the benifit of the service is downright disgracefull.

It does not matter what the regs say. This is just the type of thing that taxpayers do not want to pay for. It is cases like this that make the public want the VA to keep a tight reign on veteran benifits. Encouraging this is counter productive to getting faster, equitible claims decisions. It is counter productive to getting the public behind us. One story like this wipes out a thousand story's of veterans struggling to recieve beniffits for obviously good claims. The public will vote to protect their money from one wishy washy claimant at the cost of thousands of deserving brothers and sisters IF WE ARE HELPING AND ENCOURAGING IT!

No hard feelings here people. This is my opinion. To knowingly help this person, is to continue to make it difficult for the rest. He has some possible ligitamate conditions. Those should be addressed.

Question: Was the claim filed through the DAV? Did you tell your SO that you lied at enlistment? Why did your SO not file the NOD?