VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On 21-4140 Form

Rate this question

Question

I just sent in my 21-4140 to my DAV NSO to be given to VA, I'am 100% IU since 2002 and they payed me from 1998 on a remand from DC VA appeals dept.I'am worried that I will get a c&p exam.,On my award in the little box where it says future exams,It says NONE in capital letters,The NSO says it is P&T as do others I also got the forms for benifits for people with P&T and they state it on the paperwork,I am 53 and been awarded ssdi also because it said I was unable to work due to my SC disabilities,70 % arthritic pelvis and knees and 30% adjustment disorder secondary to the 70%, I go to the VA all the time but lately cause of the gas situation , missed a few appointments..should I be this worried? If I lose my IU I'am finished.I'am hopeing arthritus is a static disability,and I remember when Regan got in ,he cut us all..any advise to calm me down?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

The first thing that you need to realize is that Permanent and Total does not really mean P&T. It means that you have a total disability that is never expected to improve. No rating becomes permanent until it has been static for 20 years, per the regulations. Up until that point you are subject to periodic C&P exams to see if the condition has changed. The closer you get to the 20 year mark, the more you should expect a C&P exam. However, with the sheer number of claims that the RO's are currently handling, the immense backlog of claims, and all of the scandals hanging over the VA's head, I wouldn't think that they are worried about one TDIU veteran. As far as missing a few appointments, I really don't think that the VAMC and the VARO communicate enough for it to have a impact on your rating. I do hope that you gave the VAMC a call to let them know that you could not afford to make the appointment due to gas prices, etc. They deserve a courtesey call, at least.

Long story short; I don't think you have anything to worry about. That said, it would be a very good idea for you to look at the C&P Service Clinician's Guide for the exams that you might have to one day be subjected to. That way you will know what questions they are going to ask, and what bodily systems that they will scrutinize. You should also look over 38 CFR 4 for the rating criteria that applies to you. Just remember, though, if you have not gotten any better, then you have nothing to worry about. And try to make as many appointments as you can. It reflects that your disabilities are still troubling you and that you are seeking care for them, the records of which comes in handy if they were to look at your case. Also, the amount of travel reimbursement has went up substantially in the last year, and the mileage deductible is set to be decreased soon. Maybe that will help to offset your costs of going to your appointments.

Good luck!

I just sent in my 21-4140 to my DAV NSO to be given to VA, I'am 100% IU since 2002 and they payed me from 1998 on a remand from DC VA appeals dept.I'am worried that I will get a c&p exam.,On my award in the little box where it says future exams,It says NONE in capital letters,The NSO says it is P&T as do others I also got the forms for benifits for people with P&T and they state it on the paperwork,I am 53 and been awarded ssdi also because it said I was unable to work due to my SC disabilities,70 % arthritic pelvis and knees and 30% adjustment disorder secondary to the 70%, I go to the VA all the time but lately cause of the gas situation , missed a few appointments..should I be this worried? If I lose my IU I'am finished.I'am hopeing arthritus is a static disability,and I remember when Regan got in ,he cut us all..any advise to calm me down?

so as far as you can see from what I told you,I'am P&T?,thats what the NSO said to me but I wanted to hear it from someone else..lol Iam looking at surgury for the sacroilliac joints through ssdi and civilian doctor I got alot of mri evidance,does that help?

• HadIt.com Elder

So long as you're getting regular treatment for your disabilities, and you have records to prove it, you'll be fine. If your VA decision letter said "No Future Exams Required" then that means you are P&T. The Compensation and Pension Service of the VBA does not actually use the term P&T, which can lead to some confusion in the ChampVA and DEA sections of the VBA. I think they do it on purpose :rolleyes:

so as far as you can see from what I told you,I'am P&T?,thats what the NSO said to me but I wanted to hear it from someone else..lol Iam looking at surgury for the sacroilliac joints through ssdi and civilian doctor I got alot of mri evidance,does that help?