VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does It Mean?

Rate this question

mymissie

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
A Vet that I have been helping today reciieved a letter, with a form for him to fill,for unemployability.

He only went to one C&P,an that for Hearing loss. So what is this all abot???

It's not routine for the VA to mail out a TDIU Form. Does your vet have other SC medical conditions that you're not aware of? Is he eligible for a VA Pension? TDIU means Total Disability for Individual Unemplyability: when a veteran can't maintain gainful employment due to his/her SC medical conditions.

It's not routine for the VA to mail out a TDIU Form. Does your vet have other SC medical conditions that you're not aware of? Is he eligible for a VA Pension? TDIU means Total Disability for Individual Unemplyability: when a veteran can't maintain gainful employment due to his/her SC medical conditions.

We did file for High Blood Presure,Asbestosis,hearing loss,etc, but I asked for Unemployability at time I filed. Did not request Pension. Vet has not been gainfully employed last 20 year. Could not keep a job.

• HadIt.com Elder
We did file for High Blood Presure,Asbestosis,hearing loss,etc, but I asked for Unemployability at time I filed. Did not request Pension. Vet has not been gainfully employed last 20 year. Could not keep a job.

A VA Claim for Compensation is also a VA Claim for Pension - so the VA should adjudicate his Pension eleigibility (if he was a combat or combat era vet). The TDIU Form is specifically asking if his service-connected and service-related medical conditions preclude gainful employment.

Question #6 on VA Form 21-8940 asks: WHAT SERVICE-CONNECTED DISABILITY PREVENTS YOU

FROM SECURING OR FOLLOWING ANY SUBSTANTIALLY GAINFUL OCCUPATION?