Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"my Healthevet"

Rate this question

farmall

Question

Can anyone tell me what "My HealtheVet" is? I went to the vbn@ezboard.com and the guys were discussing how to get a copy of their c&p exam for ptsd and mentioned it. I went to Detroit for my c&p exam for ptsd in December 05. Also, how can I get a copy of my C-file-I mean, the recent filings in the file--I got a copy of the complete file last year but don't have any copies since then? If anyone on this board lives in Michigan and goes to either Saginaw or Detroit, I would like to communicate with them via email or landline also. Thanks for any info you can give me. This board has been very helpful in the past. wife of Farmall

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Farmall: I don't know anything about Healthvet, but on our other hadit site (http://hadit.com/) you can find a copy of all the different C&P exams that are given. As for another copy of you C-file, if you go to your area VA Regional Office and ask for anothe copy, they may just copy another one for free, even if they charged you, it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Of course if you said your other copy was damage due to a roof leak, they may take pity on you and do it free, but don't count on that. If your pretty sure you know what it is your file and what is new information, they might copy a few things of importance if you went their and looked through it. Of course you will have to make an appointment to look at your C-file so someone can be their to see that you do not take or put something into the file. It's them we should be watching and not the otherway around. :P

Good luck,

Jim S.

Can anyone tell me what "My HealtheVet" is? I went to the vbn@ezboard.com and the guys were discussing how to get a copy of their c&p exam for ptsd and mentioned it. I went to Detroit for my c&p exam for ptsd in December 05. Also, how can I get a copy of my C-file-I mean, the recent filings in the file--I got a copy of the complete file last year but don't have any copies since then? If anyone on this board lives in Michigan and goes to either Saginaw or Detroit, I would like to communicate with them via email or landline also. Thanks for any info you can give me. This board has been very helpful in the past. wife of Farmall

The only medical information on My healthvet is information the user enters. It keeps a log for the user, The VA records are not accessable on that site. You can order prescriptions and get a history of medicines. The ctual drugs are not named, just prescription numbers.

If you need to get a copy of a C and P exam, you can go to the Medical records department at the VA where the exam was performed and get the release to get the information.

• HadIt.com Elder

there are some areas of the country where they are experimenting with allowing vets access to all the VAMC records, dr notes, exams results , labs etc, I read somewhere the goal is to have it nationwide before the end of the year. They said something about putting the names of the medications with the RX numbers to make it easier for people like me that have 37 active scripts, do you want to look up each number, I just click everything every month. Try and match up all those numbers with what I need is like to much work, if the names were listed it would be easier.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• In Memoriam

farmal,

My HealtheVet, is a great site for ordering your prescription medications. All you have to do is register and get a password. I have been using this site, to order my meds, for about 6 months. You have to keep tract of your prescription numbers though. The names of the drugs are not given. The meds show up in the mail a few days later. The rest of the site looks like BS, to me, so far.

I printed out my list of meds, which are listed by RX number, and I took the time to write the names of the meds by the numbers. The list is near so that when I order I know what I am ordering. I will explore the site a little more; see if there are any other good uses for it; update.

http://www.myhealth.va.gov/

Edited by Stretch

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

MyHealth e Vet has far more uses than just ordering prescription refills. If they go ahead and make your medical records available, as they have announce is planned, it will be a wonderful source for tracking what the medical personnel are actually recording.

I find it difficult to believe that the VA will actually allow veterans access to that data.

That said, you can login daily and make brief notes on each days events that affect you medically. Then, if you want, you can allow the VA medical personnel to access your file, and save yourself the effort of trying to remember all your aches and pains, and small mishaps, that are part of our every day life, since the last time you saw them

As long as you are sensible about what you post, and when, this can be a very good tool too.

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh

farmal,

My HealtheVet, is a great site for ordering your prescription medications. All you have to do is register and get a password. I have been using this site, to order my meds, for about 6 months. You have to keep tract of your prescription numbers though. The names of the drugs are not given. The meds show up in the mail a few days later. The rest of the site looks