Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim @bva

Rate this question

ertle

Question

just got my award letter from ssdi it states deppression an anxiety is the fault.

my ptsd /bipolar file is at the bva on some judges desk is it to late to send or can it be sent to my a/l rep to pass along to the judge.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If the SSA award is for these conditions due to your service and uyou have established a stressor nexus for the PTSD claim- you should inform the BVA of this award.

Although the BVA can accept evidence right up until the very minute they make their decision- this might prompt a remand for the VA to obtain the SSA files.

That would mean they will send you the SSA records authorization form to sign but at this point-I think you should call the SSA office where you filed for SSA (your records might still be at their office)and try to obtain the records yourself- or at least the actual medical disability report.

It is diffcult to know what they actually based their award on.

You might be able to get the SSA records yourself faster than the VA.

SSA award letters do not say much as to the etiology or cause of any disability and these records could be critical to your claim.

thanks berta code 2960 affective d/o was primary an the secondary is code 3000 anxiety related d/o

i have sent this info to my a/l rep in dc to foward to my claim this form that i sent is an official form from the social security that i got from them stating these two codes of facts is the reason that i was awarded my dis. I was dated back 5 years to date.

as always thanks berta