VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod - Help!

Rate this question

DeeDee

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If the response requested by date falls together (60 days from rating )

I'd file it all at once.

What is your NOD for ?

Percentage ?

Did you get the correct effective date of grant ?

Did you cover secondary conditions and/or side

effects from Rx's due to SC conditions ?

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

You have one year from the date of the VA's decision to file an NOD. You should list all of your disagreements in one NOD. As Carlie stated, make sure you list any secondary conditions that you want considered. From personal experience, I would also ask for a DRO review. Make sure you state this also in your NOD. Hope this helps!

Vike 17

I would just add that you end the NOD with "I fully intend to continue to appeal until the benefits I seek have been granted."

Also -I see the NOD as the first avenue of attack- the argument can start in the NOD- if they didn't consider all of the evidence-tell them and attch it, or by stating and attaching any other evidence that combats their denial statement.

A denial can be turned around with a successful NOD.

I have done this personally on a few claims- it all depends on the specifics of the claim-and usually doesn't go that quickly-

other NODs I have filed personally draw them out to say more that I can argue against-

If a veteran receives a rating-which in their opinion- is too low based on medical evidence and the VA's own rating schedule-

even though they might already have listed the evidence they used-- I see no problem with copying the actual specific medical evidence again and sending it to them again with a copy of the specific criteria in their own rating schedule and refer to it as attached in the NOD.