VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing A Tort Claim & 1151 Claim

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I was just told I should file a TORT claim aloing with my 1151 claim due to serious side effects from my unregulated medications perscribed by the VA Medical Center. Is this true? can a veteran file for both?Thank you all. God bless

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mike- your SO doesn't seem to have a CLUE!

You are receiving SSDI and he wants you to apply for jobs?

Ridiculous- doesn't he understand the significance of an SSDI award? Let alone the Neuro report you have-

He sounds just like a DAV NSO I had many years back in NY-

I sure hope he isnt telling all his POA vets on SSDI that they should seek work-

I haven't griped about SOs for a while-but could write a book on them- the lousy ones-

and let's face it- we can't tell when we get a vet rep or SO whether they know anything or not---many act like they are power crazy-or omniscient- real know it alls-

but they probably couldn't rattle off basic VA regs if their job depended on it-

Some of the advice I have gotten over last two decades from vet reps and SOs is not only totally incorrect but often bizarre.

However -men and women- I do believe that a veteran with a claim and NO representation can sort of give the VA the impression that they don't have enough faith in their claim to get a vet rep-

I say Mike- stick with this booob , but dont depend on him to send anything to the VA for you-

and certainly stick with us here- we should be writing the NSO training manuals.