Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Listing Of My Meds And Concerns.

Rate this topic

Prozac 60MG a day, Amitriptylene 50MG aday, Vicodin 4 a day of the 5mg/apap 500mg, Salsalate 1500MG a day, Naproxen 1000MG a day, Flexoril, can't find my bottle on that one waiting for the prescription to come in the mail.

Since I've been taking this boatload of medicine My blood pressure stays at about 140 over 90. I'm concerned and wondering that I'm on "too much". It helps me to survive a day from Pain, but lost of times I'm so drowsy or groggy i cn't function. Yeah, and that's on top of the PTSD>

80% SC/100% TDIU

70%PTSD All the rest is Back problems.

10th Mountain.

God Bless the Troops.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It helps me to survive a day from Pain, but lost of times I'm so drowsy or groggy i cn't function. Yeah, and that's on top of the PTSD>

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. That's a bummer, and it also elevates the BP. This is a lot of medication and some of it does cause higher BP. I would recommend that you keep a VERY close watch on your stomach because of the high-dose anti-inflammation meds. And I would suggest you research the amitriptylene, especially if you are over 50. That drug had some pretty bad publicity a while back. I think it is on the list for causing drug-induced lung disease. I'll look it up again and let you know.

Are you TDIU? The effects of your medications could be an issue to help you get that, if you don't already have it.

Carrie

Here's what the online list says about the amitriptylene:

Patterns : I © : Pulmonary infiltrates and eosinophilia

II (a) : Acute pulmonary edema

II (:P : Acute permeability edema with or without ARDS

Edited by Morgan