Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Get This Kind Of Letter From Amc

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

Haven't a clue what they're doing now B) - they know we have an atty.-they have fees contract-(pg.1)because they sent them this letter also- -and on page 2 I'm assuming now the RO is making the decision as it says on the appeal? But after the DRO it was followed by an SSOC- then went to the BVA- and now back to RO- so why do we have to wait so long when the RO will decide it anyway?? I believe the DRO hearing and the BVA hearing is just another way to stall for time, I have never seen the C/SS( thenfile number )on the in reply refer to on pg 1.

Any body else? post-3016-1233074887_thumb.jpgIpost-3016-1233075622_thumb.jpg

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

This is my take on it. You received a positive decision .

Your Regional office has to complete the grant as you

have a lawyer to represent you.

Betty

I love your positiveness!! as I have been !!(thru this for 11 years)- and reading all your posts since I been on this site- what I can't understand still if you read my post 1/11/09

#125919-pgs3-12-14 they say to this extent granted the PTSD appeal--

there was an inconsisterncy between IMO and CP doctor( go figure)

another CP exam required- the whole leg disorder they just added because of his stressor I guess

he should have had that years ago......what do you think- i know the original post is alot to read thats why I narrowed the pages down--

I can't make it out. If the BVA overturns the RO's decision they send it back to be reworked to the RO with instructions especially if they have service connection. In my case the increased the RO award and remanded 2 issues to be worked by AMC that was 3 years ago. It just made it's way to the rating board. I am guessing that if they find for service connection that they will send it back to the RO.

You can't make out the attachment letter- or their jargon in the letter?

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I do not understand AMC's authority: whether they falls under the BVA's authority, or whether they are acting as a make-shift, centralized VARO. I am having to deal with them too, and find them acting somewhat anarchisticaly (contrary to order). ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings they were originally set up to be the BVA's Private RO to push through claims but the PVA and I think VVA sued and had them change their mission. Most of the time they take as long as any other VARO to make a decision and they often remand back to the RO but at least they instruct the VARO to do something

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Wings they were originally set up to be the BVA's Private RO to push through claims but the PVA and I think VVA sued and had them change their mission. Most of the time they take as long as any other VARO to make a decision and they often remand back to the RO but at least they instruct the VARO to do something

The BVA Remands claims/issues to the AMC, who then Remand back to the RO . . . what a waste of time! Either they have Statutory Authority, or they do not. Has anyone ever seen their rules published anywhere, the Federal Register??? WIngs

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

Wings

I love that word "anarchisticaly" as it seems to describe the VA very well. You are articulate and I like that.

Mrs Vet.

Since you have indicated you hired a lawyer, my guess is that your lawyer is better qualified to explain this in detail to you than we are. However, As I mentioned, it would appear you have been awarded PTSD, and have money coming, less attorney fees.

Congratulations. You can also check on your bank balance..I have heard some people get the money before they get the RO decision, but certainly not every time.