VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Authorization?

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

Last Friday- c file etc in Director's office, last Monday, C file with appeals team and Wednesday, response prepared to IG, tthis AM they told me that Friday afternoon claim went to Authorization-

the 800# could not tell me which claim???? I have 7-

This was one of the 800 vet reps who knows their stuff but all she could say is that a final decision has been made-

my SOCs stated that they were not decisions on the claim- so this is something new-

I forget what authorization means-it could still go either way- I think -but at least (by using some command presense after 3 years of VA BS) at least I have gained someone's attention----

And I have some medical evidence to mail today that is extraordinary and I prepared it well---but

it took time-

I found an autopsied heart in a medical atlas that is consistent with my husband's autopsy findings as to Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and associated his Q-T PRT inetrvals on his ECGS and his ECHO report of LVH as consistent with his diabetes - Last week I did this all with an autopsied brain-consistent with his brain CT scan and MRI-

I scanned the autopsied heart right onto the first page of my submission of more evidence.

Instead of sending the whole medical treatises, I did what I do in school- just gave them the hyperlink and the first two pages of each. I did enclose the specific med recs and the autopsy again -however- to support the information-

Regardless of the VA - I finally understand exactly what my husband's medical conditions were-and why his last two years of life were so difficult.

There is a lot of Peace in knowing these things.

And anger ---knowing the VA should have known this stuff too.

Edited by Berta

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

[Regardless of the VA - I finally understand exactly what my husband's medical conditions were-and why his last two years of life were so difficult.

There is a lot of Peace in knowing these things.

And anger ---knowing the VA should have known this stuff too.

Oh Berta... I have bee waiting for so long to read this news.. You have been such a trooper to fight this hard and for this long for your husbands claim. I hope they have answers for all 7 issues.

What an example you have become. Thanks Berta from all of us here for your support and may all go as planned for this level.

Hugs to you

Joseph

well- my VA PTSD and paranoia have set in and although in the past this was a good sign in my claims from the 1990s-

they could be authorizing a 'disallowance' and not an award-

sorry about the double posting- this happened twice lately- don't know why---

I finally used the Search feature here at hadit and I must admit it sure works good-