VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Regulations For Vamc's Billing Department

Rate this question

jessejames

Question

I just received an Explanation of Benefits from my private Blue Cross Insurance. There were MANY prescriptions listed as having been paid to the VAMC. I called Blue Cross and every one of them were for service-connected medications. This has NOT happened in the past. I called the VAMC Billing Department and they told me it was now the VA's Policy to bill ALL medications to private insurance and they were to pay. I told the VAMC guy that was not VA regulations and he told me he could NOT discuss it on the phone, I would have to write a personal letter to them with my concerns. Has anyone heard of Congress changing the Regulations or of the President signing an Executive Order?? My private insurance should NOT have to pay for medications for service-connected conditions!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Jesse, your are corect. I cant believe those hounds. You have a copy of the meds, I suggest contacting the Insurance company and explain to them that they did not have to pay those meds for it was the VA's responsibility. BC/BC is a big company and they have the means to get it back. ALso make a copy of the meds and send it to the VA IG and for a fraud inquiry. Put t he ladys name you talked to on there too.

I also use BC / BS Now I am gettinmg a copy just to be sure. What a bunch of crooks.

• HadIt.com Elder

If is for SC condition your meds are part of your treatment. There is no way the VA should be charging you for them but they will if they can get away with it. They charged my BC/BS for my last C&P exam. I called BC/BS and told them the situation.

Guest Namvet6567

You better check on that - I believe when Congress authorized billing private insurors, it didn't differentiate between SC and NSC conditions. So I believe they can collect but can't bill the vet the copayment.