Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made, Rating Being Written Up

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I'm sure this has been covered many a time and some may wonder why I am asking once again, but!

Whether the info is correct or not, I called the 1-800 # to get a statis report on my claim and I was told that the decision has been made and that the rating was being written up for approval, that I should check back in two weeks.

Usually I am told it is being developted, check back in a month or two and then it is at the Rater's, check back in two to six months, but now I am being told the rating decision is being typed up and to check back in two weeks.

Am I getting my hopes up prematurely or should I just plan to check back in two weeks as I was told or do you think my AMVET rep would have more conclusive information? I would hate to bother her on a wild goose chase if the 1-800# attendant was only giving me the run around.

Rockhound Rider :D

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have been told the same thing and it has not been validated. I call my VSO when I get such a message and he checks it out and calls me whan any decisions have been made. The VSO finds out right aways, and then the veteran finds out. So if you ultalize a VSO call that person and ask them to check it out on their computer, they are wired right into the VA program and can tell you what is granted, when, and all.

I know I read last year the VFW had to pay 60k to get computer system from the VA to be wired into them..The important stuff is available to them, but I don't know how much they can check into...but the most important info they can attain there. This is at the VARO only, not at the other sites your VSO may be at. Good luck. The message center just want to get you off the phone, IMHO though.

I'm sure this has been covered many a time and some may wonder why I am asking once again, but!

Whether the info is correct or not, I called the 1-800 # to get a statis report on my claim and I was told that the decision has been made and that the rating was being written up for approval, that I should check back in two weeks.

Usually I am told it is being developted, check back in a month or two and then it is at the Rater's, check back in two to six months, but now I am being told the rating decision is being typed up and to check back in two weeks.

Am I getting my hopes up prematurely or should I just plan to check back in two weeks as I was told or do you think my AMVET rep would have more conclusive information? I would hate to bother her on a wild goose chase if the 1-800# attendant was only giving me the run around.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Why are you guys trusting the 1-800 number? How many times have folks here suggested IRIS? Get something in writing. ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

I have a call into my VSO but I will take your suggestion and follow it up with an IRIS inquirey.

get you, really are?

Rock - with the VA's Public contact response centers (1-800 and IRIS) talk is cheap - written word may get to ten cents worth of water - check with you SO.

The 800 guys are at around 80/20, 80 percent wrong 20 percent right (same for the IRIS response centers now). However, with all that bad mouth stuff said, what you were told sounds logical.

By this I mean since you are using a VSO the decision will be written up and sent to him/her for review/input (they don't approve). So checking with them will "more than likely" get you an accurate response.

ricky

I have found, as well as 3 other vets I know, that the IRIS program is not effective nor efficient...have you ever emailed your VSO? That way you will have your answer in writing and can review it at your leisure. Koodos to those who have had luck with IRIS...not us here in Mo.

One vet received a notice from IRIS that said his claim was being reviewed which was his 3rd attempt to receive any info, and this was over a 3 week period...funny thing his VSO called him and told him his claim was decided during the 2nd week IRIS hadn't responded. So he sent message and no answer, sent again, no answer, sent again,no answer, next day got VSO call and few days later gets lame message from IRIS.

Maybe it's related to the VARO in your region??

I have a call into my VSO but I will take your suggestion and follow it up with an IRIS inquirey.

I sent IRIS an Email yesterday and today they replied about my inquirey. The only information they had was what I already learned the end of January. My claim was forwarded to the Rater January 28, 2008.

This is a far cry from the 1-800# when they said that a decision had been made and was being written up. So I guess their is no comformity between the two and one must keep checking from time to time no matter what one is told until one has something in the mail, formally telling you about your claim decision.

I'd love to go behind the scenes and actually see what a 1-800# attendant sees as well as the IRIS rep. I would also like to see and hear what these people are being told, about how to answer these types of inquireys during their training process. There has to be some reason for such discrepancies in the answers given out by the different inquirey processes.

The differences in the answers I got only make me that much more distrustfull of the VA and there ability to be as up to date and truthfull to Veterans and their claims.

Rockhound Rider B) :rolleyes: ;) :huh: ;)

p.s. 14 days to date, at the Raters according to IRIS and counting.

get you, really are?