VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automatically Iu Deferred?

Rate this question

CorCor

Question

I really keep to myself and don't really post becuase I posted on here one day and someone suggested I was wasting VA time and jumped all over me for trying to ask a question about my PTSD claim . I was hoping someone can answer a question for me or give me your opionion on the matter if you have been through something similar.

I was SC last year for my Blood pressure and Tinitus. My Back, PTSD and Depression was deferred. It has been around a year since that was deferred and the system and a source of mine says I was finally rated on the 28th of Jan. The personal Trauma was rated @ 70 and I am rated at a total 0f 80% SC. I recieved a Phone call from the regional office telling me I would be hearing something in 10 to 15 days(confirming my dependents) in regard to my claim. The system is saying the I am IU deferred. I did not apply for IU..don't really know about it and am confused. Is this something that is normally done?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Somehow my computer posted this twice..I feel like a dumbo. No I do not work, and have not since I seperated in 06. I have not filed paperwork, becuase I have been waiting on my final rating decision. Hoping to get it in the mail this week. Some one corrected me on my other post ...I am thinking it was inferred not deferred.

Are you able to work? The VA may be waiting for the offical form for you to fill out for IU.

I really keep to myself and don't really post becuase I posted on here one day and someone suggested I was wasting VA time and jumped all over me for trying to ask a question about my PTSD claim . I was hoping someone can answer a question for me or give me your opionion on the matter if you have been through something similar.

I was SC last year for my Blood pressure and Tinitus. My Back, PTSD and Depression was deferred. It has been around a year since that was deferred and the system and a source of mine says I was finally rated on the 28th of Jan. The personal Trauma was rated @ 70 and I am rated at a total 0f 80% SC. I recieved a Phone call from the regional office telling me I would be hearing something in 10 to 15 days(confirming my dependents) in regard to my claim. The system is saying the I am IU deferred. I did not apply for IU..don't really know about it and am confused. Is this something that is normally done?

If your evidence concludes that you can not work due to your disabilities then it appears the VA is doing its job by inferring TDIU in your case. Congrats and good luck with the TDIU.