Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Call From Rep

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

Today I received a call from the senior Counselor and the Man Told me that My Earlier Effective Date was Granted ..Thats back to 1994.... But they are still working on the Percentages on Both Shoulders to complete the Claims.I sent in Two - IMO's for the "percentages Appeals" one from my family Doctor and One complete Medical Evaluation from a specailist - Orthopedic Doctor with MRIs..The Doctors Opinions were much higher the the VA,s .. Makes Me feel better Knowing that they Granted the EED

:) B) :rolleyes: :D :lol: ;) Macool

Edited by macool

"We should not have to fight the system, We fought to protect"

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am really happy for you also. I know you can't wait for your retro, for it almost killed me waiting.

The BVA Judge made his decision in March and my file went to Huntington for them to do their thing.

I received my first large retro check in June and again another large retro check in September.

As it turned out I only had to wait three months for the first check and went for a C&P August 25th and received my second

check within a month.

Hope this time frame helps you.

Always,

Betty

Maccool

I mentioned the IRA only applies If your wife is working.

VA benefits are not taxable, but If your wife is working then she has taxable income.

You can reduce her tax burden with an IRA and the IRS doesnt care where the money comes from.

Sorry if I did not make that clear.

Wife is working at the University..don't make much there but it is steady... thats good in this economy....her burden isn't much because of all the kids --4 at home... but I understand now what your saying ...before the job market fell through she was a manager of a FM radio station they Taxed her lotts there.. I will check out what can be done about old tax returns when I get some kind of solid decision and payment from My beloved VARO.

Thanks I would have never known that this could help me invest and get some back from uncle sam...

Edited by macool

I am really happy for you also. I know you can't wait for your retro, for it almost killed me waiting.

The BVA Judge made his decision in March and my file went to Huntington for them to do their thing.

I received my first large retro check in June and again another large retro check in September.

As it turned out I only had to wait three months for the first check and went for a C&P August 25th and received my second

check within a month.

Hope this time frame helps you.

Josepine... your right waiting is the hardest part ...but you got through it and You make me say I could have had to battle longer and if I hang in there I will get what I asked for. .When I relized how bad it effected My family and I ..it took couple years before I would even admitt I could use the help...and I,had good people tell me to apply sooner then I did ..I was young ...should have listened...but didn't

Anyways its stories like yours that give others Their strength...and Hope... I look at the kids and wish it were tomorrow thats just me being the Dad I guess.

Thanks for the good words and Maybe the time frame will be close that would be good.

Macool

Edited by macool