Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Times For Non Oif Veterans

Rate this question

Boats

Question

Any one know if there is a directive out to only work OIF claims since mid Dec 2008 until the end of Feb? My DAV rep told me because I was not a OIF vet that my claim would not be worked until April 2009, even though the claim was submitted on 1/31/2008. Was he just trying to get me off phone?

Thanks

Boats

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Any one know if there is a directive out to only work OIF claims since mid Dec 2008 until the end of Feb? My DAV rep told me because I was not a OIF vet that my claim would not be worked until April 2009, even though the claim was submitted on 1/31/2008. Was he just trying to get me off phone?

Thanks

Boats

Trying to get you off the phone probably, mine told me they were doing DRO hearing till they get they caught up in FEB 09 and I might have a decision in 8 months or so.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks

Boats

Your DAV rep is seriously misinformed or retarded. I'd get a new rep if I were you.

I am not an OIF vet.

My Hypertension Claim took 15 Months to complete (decision Nov 08) I NODed and requested a post decisional hearing (11/22/08) and have heard nothing. I am told my claim has a suspense date of March 09, but no one will tell me what action is supposed to be done by March 09. I have been trying to get a child over 18 who is attending school added to the award (two years +).

As much as we would like to think this rumor is BS, the facts in my case seem to reinforce it (in an Oliver Stone sort of way).

In the past I was told explicitly what action was pending in relation to the suspense date. This time nothing but they are waiting for something before they resume your appeal.

Best regards,

Tyler

Yes think it is a little of both. Elected the DAV as my POA last month, to see if I could get better communication with the VARO. Have been doing my claim on my own since 1997. Like they say you are your best VSO....lol.

Boats

• HadIt.com Elder

OIF claims are placed ahead of the line in reference to start of the adjudication process, but if evidence needs to be gathered or C&P exams ordered, its handled the same as any other claim. Meanwhile, other non-OIF claims are processed also and much in the same manor. This may cut four or five months off the time for the OIF veteran to get his/her claims before the rating team if the issues are clear and everything else is in order.

As far as specific directives to only process claims for the OIF veterans for the a few months, what would be the point? The triage teams would only send out for records and the pre teams would only send out for C&P exams- then what? I guess take a really long smoke break until the end of Feburary.

The R/Os place the OIF veterans ahead of the line but the process justs keeps on moving all vets like the pizzas in a Papa Johns oven.