Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Times For Non Oif Veterans

Rate this question

Boats

Question

Any one know if there is a directive out to only work OIF claims since mid Dec 2008 until the end of Feb? My DAV rep told me because I was not a OIF vet that my claim would not be worked until April 2009, even though the claim was submitted on 1/31/2008. Was he just trying to get me off phone?

Thanks

Boats

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I filed a claim 2/08 filed an amended claim 7/08. One would require a C&P exam the other is cut and dry (in my opinion) Haven't heard anything until today I got a call from the VARO asking to verify something in my claim. I quess it is still going to be another 6 months to a year before I hear anything again.

I was surprised when I got a phone call in response to an IRIS inquiry about whether my claim was still in suspense or on the move again. The woman told me they had a few trainees working on the claims, and she was reviewing them before they went to the rater. She asked if I had anymore new information, I said no, so I verbally waived the 30 day waiting period so the file would be placed in front of the raters. A week later I got 2 C&P appointments in the mail, one is next week, the other the week after.

After I waived the 30 day period I got the letter in the mail asking for more information on one of my claimed conditions. I had already provided that documentation, so I called the 800 number. The fellow suggested I provide the same information anyway, and said I could fax it. So I did. I faxed it, and then mailed the pages of my fax by certified mail (return receipt requested), so I do know they got all the information they needed (that I had). The fellow on the other end of the 800 number said he would make a notation in my electronic file telling them to keep my file alive, but that more info was being sent in. On my cover sheet I asked that they acknowledge receipt and fax the cover back to me, but they date-stamped it and mailed it to me. So I think I'm all set.

I've been waiting since June 2008, and the only hold-ups were waiting for information they sent for to show up. I'm guessing that within 30 days or so after the C&P exams I should have a decision. At least, that's the time-frame I've been told.

--Jim

Life is good! :rolleyes: