Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Thought I Was Giving Birth

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

As if I didn't have enough NSC problems to deal with, I just spent the most painful five hours I have ever had to endure, all at the VA Hospital ER. Before they could give me any pain medication they said they had to make sure what I had. That did little to ease my pain.

First off, I wasn't realy having a baby but I could put my pain level up against any woman giving birth. I had a Kidney stone lodged just below where the ureter and kidney meet and was causing a severe bockage, causing my urin to backup.

The stone would not pass and had to have it broken up with a lazer procedure that blasted the stone into smaller pieces that could then pass more easily. The only problem was that after they removed the one stone they knew about, during the procedure they noted another that was behind it and was sucked back into the kidney which made it out of reach of the lazer.

This called for a stent to be placed in my uriter to widen the passage so that it was hoped the stone would pass without to much problem and pain. I now have to go back in a couple of weeks to have the stent removed, since leaving it in would cause it to harden like stone and result in my kidney shutting down.

At least during the procedure they noted that my prostrate which was believed to be normal was inlarged, so now I am on meds to help shrink it down.

First I get ulcers from my meds and now I get kidney stones that may be caused by my Sarcoidosis. I was hoping it had stabilized but you can never tell with this disease.

One miserable guy right now and I would never wish this on anyone.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

As if I didn't have enough NSC problems to deal with, I just spent the most painful five hours I have ever had to endure, all at the VA Hospital ER. Before they could give me any pain medication they said they had to make sure what I had. That did little to ease my pain.

First off, I wasn't realy having a baby but I could put my pain level up against any woman giving birth. I had a Kidney stone lodged just below where the ureter and kidney meet and was causing a severe bockage, causing my urin to backup.

The stone would not pass and had to have it broken up with a lazer procedure that blasted the stone into smaller pieces that could then pass more easily. The only problem was that after they removed the one stone they knew about, during the procedure they noted another that was behind it and was sucked back into the kidney which made it out of reach of the lazer.

This called for a stent to be placed in my uriter to widen the passage so that it was hoped the stone would pass without to much problem and pain. I now have to go back in a couple of weeks to have the stent removed, since leaving it in would cause it to harden like stone and result in my kidney shutting down.

At least during the procedure they noted that my prostrate which was believed to be normal was inlarged, so now I am on meds to help shrink it down.

First I get ulcers from my meds and now I get kidney stones that may be caused by my Sarcoidosis. I was hoping it had stabilized but you can never tell with this disease.

One miserable guy right now and I would never wish this on anyone.

Rockhound Rider B) :rolleyes: :P

Rockhound, I am so sorry to hear what you're going thru. I know it must be causing you some horrible pain. Both my father and husband have had it - both men are the kind that won't complain or let pain slow them down but the kidney stones did a good job of making them cry "uncle". I know this may sound stupid but BREATH! Concentrate on your breathing and it will help to work thru the pain. Hope you pass that sucker soon!

Medication to help disolve my type of kidney stones arrived today. I really have to watch my Ph levels now. I guess low Ph relates to high potassium which can bee as bad as to little potassium. So far, the change in my diet doesn't seem to be doing enough to raise my Ph, so I guess I am going to concult with a dietician at the VA Hospital. The last thing I want is to end up going back to the VA Hospital by way of the ER.

Thanks all for your concern and wishes, I'm hoping as always, I will get through this as I have everything other old and new health issues that I have had to deal with.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, Rockhound! Poor you! I am so so so sorry you're dealing with this. Kidney stones are horrible. I've met women who would rather give birth without an epidural than have to pass a kidney stone! You have all my sympathy. :rolleyes: